Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Can't route the air to defroster

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Default Can't route the air to defroster

Over Christmas, the heater control in my 2007 Endeavor stopped changing the air flow from front console, floor or defrost.

I took it into the dealer (it is still under warranty) and they have been working nearly a month to diagnose the problem. Initially, they thought it was the control module. About two weeks ago, they taled to Mitsubishi who had them check to see if there was a split (or split rod) in the heater box - and they confirmed it was that.

Now, they are waiting for the part to come in on back order.

Since not having a vehicle with a working defrost in the winter is very awkward, any ideas about how I can get some action (other than waiting until it comes in?).

Dave

Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Default RE: Can't route the air to defroster

you can go to wall mart and get a little defroster that works with a cig adaptor for like 15 dollars. might help a little. i got one mounted under my dash cause my heat only works on defrost. actually warms one foot at a time lol

Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 PM

are they not willing to give you a rental while you wait for the repair? at least where i live, a window defrost is a necessity.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:53 PM

theres a bulletin on this. tell them to turn on their computer and pull their heads outta there asses.
then find a mitsu dealer that doesnt employ idiots.

if you look about 10 lines down in the endeavor forum, you'll see this already has been talked about.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 PM

No - they did not offer a rental.

Part of the problem is the Mitsubishi dealer I bought the car from has shut down and become a Mazda dealer. The dealer I am going to just opened up. The new dealership doesn't want to pick up the tab and I can understand that.

Supposedly, the part should come in the week of Feb 9.

I have really enjoyed the Endeavor but problems like this make me wonder if I'd be willing to take the chance on Mitsubishi again.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 PM

Thank you - the bulletin you posted looks like it is the issue.

I've been told that the part should be shipped to them next week (Feb 9). So, I'm looking forward to getting the Endeavor fixed.

The dealership that I purchased the vehicle from has become a Mazda dealership. There were a few months where there was no Mitsubishi dealership in Seattle. I found that astonishing because Seattle is not that small a place. You see a lot of Mitsubishi's on the roads here.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: dlbaer

No - they did not offer a rental.

Part of the problem is the Mitsubishi dealer I bought the car from has shut down and become a Mazda dealer. The dealer I am going to just opened up. The new dealership doesn't want to pick up the tab and I can understand that.

Supposedly, the part should come in the week of Feb 9.

I have really enjoyed the Endeavor but problems like this make me wonder if I'd be willing to take the chance on Mitsubishi again.
its one problem. Relax. ANY car you buy will have one problem.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Default Should be fixed tomorrow

Manybrews,

I'm supposed to pick the Endeavor up tomorrow. The repair is taking a longer than they thought because there was a leak of cooling fluid into the heater box and they needed to get that part.

This will be the second repair under warranty - a seal on the transmission had failed a year ago. Fortunately, the Mitsubishi warranty is great (100K miles on the power train for the original owner).

Dave

Old 03-11-2009, 03:14 AM

I'm having the same problem.....

when you finally got to pick it up , was it covered under warranty??