Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Water leak while A/C is on

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Default Water leak while A/C is on

2004 mitsubishi Endeavor

I have done a search and I cant find the answer and I thought I once saw it here and thinking I never had that problem.

Now while my A/C is running I hear water sloshing around and water leaking out of the box under my glove box on the passenger side. I cant find a drain tube or a way to open it to release the water.

Any help would be great. Sorry if this has been covered, but as I said I searched 'water leak' and 'leak' to no avail for an Endeavor, only other models.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:27 PM

There is leak or a hole under your glove compartment. you can take out the glove compartment easily. Be sure to do it slowly you might brake the panel that holds the hooks on the side. it is like rubber hooks and you can just take them out by unhooking it
you will see a white box that is for the air filter purifier. be sure to unscrew the plastic under the glove compartment. do it slow do not force it.

get a hose and ran the water on the windshield near the vent between the windshield and wiper. there must be 2 people to assist you one to water the car and one to look inside the car for leaks.

if you see the leak by a white Silicone it is a silicone that stop leaks. AUTOZONE SELLS THOSE or ask the expert at auto zone what is the best thing to patch a hole inside the car.

Some leaks are cause by LEAVES INSIDE the vent. try looking for leaves around the windshield area.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM

the AC evaporator is clogged with debris.

unfortunatly, the only real way to fix it is to remove the HVAC system.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM

I wonder what happened to the kid who asked the question he never replied back.

Evaporator cannot be the problem because if that's The Problem all Endeavor will be clogging with debris and that's will be a major issue for Mitsubishi.

The only problem I know with the 2000 to 2010 models are HARD TO START or the car does not start instantly but it will start and the oxygen sensor problems.

Last edited by BEAT; 07-14-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by BEAT
I wonder what happened to the kid who asked the question he never replied back.

Evaporator cannot be the problem because if that's The Problem all Endeavor will be clogging with debris and that's will be a major issue for Mitsubishi.

The only problem I know with the 2000 to 2010 models are HARD TO START or the car does not start instantly but it will start and the oxygen sensor problems.
huh?

No, not "all endeavors" would have that problem. But that problem can happen on ANY CAR, from ANY MAKER.
yes, i have had to repair many clogged evaporator drains on endeavors. And galants. And every car mitusbishi makes. And jeeps, GMs, fords, toyotas, hondas, jaguars, etc. etc.etc.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 AM

Well let us see what the owner of the car is doing. he never posted again.
so, he might solved the problem.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Default Endeavor water leak on passenger side

I had the same problem until today - here is the solution --

-- open the driver's door
-- locate where the air conditioner blower box is attached to the passenger side of the firewall – look to the immediate right at the top of the gas pedal arm
-- condensation flows toward the front of the vehicle through the firewall at the leftmost edge of the air conditioner blower box - see photo #1

-- open the hood and stand next to the front wheel on the driver's side
-- look down at the firewall over the battery and to the passenger side of the brake master cylinder
-- locate the small diameter metal tubes running horizontally and attached to the engine compartment firewall
-- locate the hole in the engine compartment firewall panel behind the small diameter metal tubes - see photo #2

-- this hole leads to the drain opening in the air conditioner blower box mounted in the passenger compartment
-- follow the brake tubes as they run from under the vehicle and turn toward the front wheel on the driver's side
-- locate the hole in the engine compartment panel behind the brake tubes
-- insert a short length of stiff wire into the hole through the engine compartment panel to unblock the drain hole

HTH,
driver

Attached Thumbnails Water leak while A/C is on-mitsubishi-2004-endeavor-01.jpg   Water leak while A/C is on-mitsubishi-2004-endeavor-02.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 11:20 PM

TSB out on this subject guys. to access the drain tube from the outside the car needs to be on a rack. you will see a hole in the bulkhead of the firewall, in that hole is where the drain tube is. have to use an airblower to unclog, this is only a temp fix. HVAC unit has to come out and be dissassembled to trim back foam in case that holds debris in and wont let drain. this job takes ALL DAY. dash has to come out and all ductwork as well just to access the HVAC unit. dont have that TSB number handy, but websites like mitchell.com and alldata.com have them on there websites. goodluck.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jgbrules
TSB out on this subject guys. to access the drain tube from the outside the car needs to be on a rack. you will see a hole in the bulkhead of the firewall, in that hole is where the drain tube is. have to use an airblower to unclog, this is only a temp fix. HVAC unit has to come out and be dissassembled to trim back foam in case that holds debris in and wont let drain. this job takes ALL DAY. dash has to come out and all ductwork as well just to access the HVAC unit. dont have that TSB number handy, but websites like mitchell.com and alldata.com have them on there websites. goodluck.
there is NO ACCESS to it from outside the car. It is totally covered with sheetmetal.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:03 PM

my factory warranty expired at 60,000 ,i just discovered this problem last week while taking a long trip and running my a/c for extented periods of time.will mitsubishi cover this repair because it appears to be a design/engineering problem.

Quick Reply: Water leak while A/C is on