Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Water leak while A/C is on

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM

gonna call you soon scardni

Old 07-06-2010, 04:52 PM

It was that easy, I had the same issue stuck an air hose in and presto unclogged...Did I mention I have a ecu reflash for the 2004-2006 Endeavor..have not dynoed it just yet but i plan to dom a before and after in the next month

We were the company that cracked the 2004-2006 Lancer Ralliart ECU and my car is a world first NA retune and a TUrbo tune an the ECU

Old 07-07-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by BEAT
I wonder what happened to the kid who asked the question he never replied back.

Evaporator cannot be the problem because if that's The Problem all Endeavor will be clogging with debris and that's will be a major issue for Mitsubishi.

The only problem I know with the 2000 to 2010 models are HARD TO START or the car does not start instantly but it will start and the oxygen sensor problems.
this is a real problem with the ENDEAVOR ,MITSUBISHI had released a tecn.service alert billetin last year regarding this problem which is caused by the insulation breaking apart inside the evaporator box or debris falling thur vents below the windsheild.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Default AC Drain Plug Local

I've looked at your pics but I can't find a hole or a hose on the firewall. Can you show a blow up of it or go into more detail as for its location on the firewall? Thank You! Also mine is leaking when the A/C is off too! Any explanations?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:49 PM

Thats probably because your system is already so flooded you have a pool siting there.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:42 PM

So what are the chances of us average joes getting some detailed info on this way fix this for good without the HVAC being removed?

Last edited by tophergreen81; 07-13-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:00 AM

What a pain in the tush. Debris in the line may not be a defect but the idiot that designed a rubber tubing inbetween 2 piecies of metal firewall sure did the customers a disservice.
I've been hunting this mysterious hole for months and still cna't find it, looked under over and in and out, traced the brake lines and still no joy.
Just for fun since I didnt have enough to do I accidently broke the windshield trying to take the stupid wiper arms off to remove the cowling. Guess that will be my next project.
By the way dealer smirked when I told him what the leak seemed to be and just said we can fix that for 2 bills. what nerve

Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 AM

we just came back from the dealership to have this fixed in our 08 and they side it was not under warranty so screw it we cant trade it so i guess well fix it
if we ever get out of this thing it will be the first and last mitsubishi we buy

Old 08-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by jgbrules
well brews i wish you good luck with BMW. your gonna need it. mitsubishi WILL survive. as a 20 year vet myself i'm not worried a bit. BUT, i suggest you READ UP on TSB-09-55-002 . been out for about 3 months. outlines specific details on how to remove debris from the evap case WITHOUT removing it. i had the opportunity to do this today and it works great!! also that TSB i was telling you about for the water leaking that you have to put a hose on the drain from the OUTSIDE with a 90 degree bend on it, will be out next month.
Had my blower replaced/relay. Around 450 bucks. Water leak drained with that TSB for free..

Old 08-15-2010, 01:03 PM

I am having this same problem with my '03 lancer...

Quick Reply: Water leak while A/C is on