Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Water leak while A/C is on

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by John Paul Russell
*ginormous DIY post*
Thanks for going to the trouble of posting that.

Considering the fact that it's not rare for AC drains to get stopped up for one reason or another, it sure would be nice if these boxes were designed in such a manner to be able to clean out the bottom pan or at least have easy access to the drain from the engine side. Most cars have some space on either side that you'd be able to do if the darn box just had access openings built in. More infuriating is the dealer and manufacturer response to these issues.... pay full price to fix a problem that their design makes 100x harder to deal with. Not so much as a coupon to defray the cost.
Mitsu is not alone in this by any means, I can list a dozen issues with other makes where you get the same stonewall. If it's not a life/death safety issue, you can forget a recall.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 PM

2007 mitsubishi endeavor how to unplug a/c drain hose? Are they all in the same place?

Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 AM

I am not handy at all when it comes to cars and neither is my hubby. We have the same problem with our 2004 Endeavor. The dealer has "flushed the line" for us a few times to "fix" the problem. I have another mechanic as well. Should I just print out your instructions and take them to him to fix? What kind of charge should I expect? What is a fair price to pay. We are seriously considering selling the vehicle because we have been dealing with this issue for the past 4 years. Advice appreciated....

Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 AM

One previous post suggests that having a cabin air filter installed eliminates the problem. Only available at your Mitsi dealer by the way but could be installed by your mechanic. Have him check it out.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Default SB on water leak while ac is on

Does anyone know if there is a Service Bulletin out describing the replacement of the gasket? I looked at the TSB-09-55-002 and liked the diagrams, if there is one on the gasket replacement that would be great.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Smile A/C Water Leak on Drivers Floor - Endeavor 2005

We got estimates from dealers ranging from $500 to $900 to fix this problem. A company called Seek and Seal did this repair in under an hour for $170 with a one year warranty.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:49 AM

Why did you not put a link to this company - seek and seal so that others having this problem could possidbly get their vehicle repaired???

Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Default listen to this guy

Originally Posted by driver
I had the same problem until today - here is the solution --

-- open the driver's door
-- locate where the air conditioner blower box is attached to the passenger side of the firewall – look to the immediate right at the top of the gas pedal arm
-- condensation flows toward the front of the vehicle through the firewall at the leftmost edge of the air conditioner blower box - see photo #1

-- open the hood and stand next to the front wheel on the driver's side
-- look down at the firewall over the battery and to the passenger side of the brake master cylinder
-- locate the small diameter metal tubes running horizontally and attached to the engine compartment firewall
-- locate the hole in the engine compartment firewall panel behind the small diameter metal tubes - see photo #2

-- this hole leads to the drain opening in the air conditioner blower box mounted in the passenger compartment
-- follow the brake tubes as they run from under the vehicle and turn toward the front wheel on the driver's side
-- locate the hole in the engine compartment panel behind the brake tubes
-- insert a short length of stiff wire into the hole through the engine compartment panel to unblock the drain hole

HTH,
driver

I just followed these instructions (literally just did it, my computer is on the hood of the car) on a 2006 endeavor. Took all of 5 minutes. About a gallon of condensate water poured out, the a/c blows awesome, and no more sloshing sound. THANK YOU!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Default Is this what I'm looking for?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4781088...7627010522684/

The videos there are of me possibly finding the hole...
that's what she said... I know...

I haven't done compressed air yet...and I still hear sloshing...so that's going to be next.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:03 AM

I've posted new photos on the above...

It's still leaking. I really don't get it... cleared out debris...the whole 9 yards.
When I take a corner, still floods the floor board...

I'm really at a loss about where the leak is coming from...

Quick Reply: Water leak while A/C is on