Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

03 Evo, just bought yesterday, is this stock?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Default RE: 03 Evo, just bought yesterday, is this stock?

Sebba, shut up, you're an *******. You sound like one of those annoying 18 year old ricers. You are right, I do not know anything about Evos, and I do not CARE, I am trying to figure out whats done to this car so I can get all of the aftermarket stuff off. So keep talking ****, noone cares, including me. I am glad you could not care less about my Wrx, I don't either, thats why I am selling it. But don't even start to talk **** about my Cobra because we all know nothing is wrong with them, and I am sure it has a few hundred hp more than your car[sm=lol.gif] And EMonz, no, their car doesnt have a heat shield either, looks like the same turbo though. Like I said I will get pics Asap, just hard with a baby. But i will let you know when I get them. She also wanted me to ask you if you knew anything about something around 4krpms where you car will just completely pull back and the gauges and what seems to be the whole car shuts off for s aplit second? Been doing this for almost a whole day now. Only at 3900-4100 rpms??

Old 07-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

Yes, because I'm a ricer based on my post, that makes total sense.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM

I was just saying you try to act all high and on a pedestal, which your not, so shut the hell up, and mind your own business, I think I was being helped fine until you chimed in, so stfu

Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 PM

that sounds like boost cut, it feels like a hicup. the car is spiking to high and the ecu is most likely untuned if that is the case. which leads me to belive there is a mbc in the car somewhere. keep in mind hallman makes a in cabin mbc for the evo so it could be mounted somewhere wacky. check the vac lines from the turbo ans wastgate see where / what it runs to. also the bov vac line should run to the vac source directly on the intake manifold with no tee splices.

if the car is not hitting boost cut then it could be a misfire if the plugs are on there last legs but I'm leaning toward boost cut. are there any other gauges, does it have exhaust

Old 07-01-2008, 04:44 PM

Yea it has an exhaust, pretty quiet though, it just has the 3 Defis in the glove box. Seems like boost cut to me, I do not think the car is tuned because its def not running like it should be. I think it should be a good bit faster than the stock Sti but not if its untuned. I will try to take the car for a ride to see how it is myself.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:54 PM

what are the other gauges? Maybe start there. Maybe your not aware that the stock Evo runs a 9.8 somthing AFR stock. PIG RICH that is why they fuel cut so easy. they have more than enough fuel to handle higher levels (20-21PSI) lol.

Do you know what exhaust is on the car, If it has a cat or turbo back or what ever? If it is boost cut then the car is def not tuned. Let me recommend that be the very first thing to do to this car as well as add a fuel pump, regaurdless if you want it to be stock. The stock Fuel pump is a lil faulty so a walbro 255 is a good mod for a lil more fuel and reliability. A flash well net around 30WHP sometimes more even on a stock car (because the AFR are so rich stock) which also means leaning out the fuel maps, which means MUCH better MPG's. So 2 possitives in one better MPG and 30 or so WHPon top of no more boost cut.

Before the getting a flash we need to make sure you know all the exact mods the car has.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:31 PM

I wanna see some pictures of this mustang... Im a muscle guy and import guy I enjoy anything fast

After reading all of this, it just sounds like fuel cut and a boost controller set to high!

Really though man, emonz really knows his stuff with evo's and they are extrmely good cars. A picture of the engine bay will help the most though.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM

congrats on the buy man