Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Mazdaspeed3 Vrs 05Evo Vids

Old 12-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Default RE: Mazdaspeed3 Vrs 05Evo Vids

I have heard all good things about dynoflash but the only problem is Al freedman is a one man show and he is a busy guy, in other words he will take a while to get the ECU back to you

Old 12-17-2006, 09:33 PM

Oh well that kinda sucks if i gotta send out the ECU, I thought it would be just some sort of piggyback chip that went on the computer. Thats how my mustang was, once I got to the computer from the passengers side front panal all I did was open up the metal box the computer was in and put the chip in the opeb slot on it. I cant send my ecu to someone cause I need my car, Its a daily driver and its the only car I got till I can save up some money a get a beater. As for the tune, I do want the power but I want it safely, I wanna be able to take it to the dragstrip and to road america next year, so the tune would have to be safe enough for me to beat on the car for long periods of time. I would get the handheld if it came down to it if thats the only was to do it without sending in my ecu but I have no clue on how to even use those. Well I'll have to see what im gonna do now cause it seems more involved than i thought.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:27 PM

they will fly out and do a road tune which is MUCH better anyway. All you would need is 4 other EVOs in the area that want a road flash as well. They are all always out doing these so just keep your eyes open.

I actually met someone from jestr Tuning while he was road tuning an STi. he managed to tune it out to 21PSI and run fine all day long and the STi are not high boost like EVOs stock

Old 12-18-2006, 12:45 AM

I dont even see evo's here in Chicago, I drive around alot and its rare to find here, so finding people to get those tuners to come out here would be pretty hard but i'll keep an eye out. What type of hand held tuners are out there??? Im assuming that they come with the programs for your computer to do the data logging, but if not were can you get the programs?? I do know a guy that does his own tuning on his camero ss and he tweaks it all the time, so if i had the stuff he might be able to help me out, but if not my buddy that helped me work on my mustang might know, this is the guy that bought the speed3.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:53 AM

If you got an SAFC and a Wideband o2 you can do it all in your car yourself like I did, even that will give you a huge gain only problem is you would need a boost controller in order to raise the boost up to 20PSI or so

Old 12-18-2006, 08:37 PM

so i am kind if in a bad spot no matter what i want then.... well i'll have to figure something out then. Maybe in the spring time i'll look into somewhere to get a dyno tune.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:37 PM

AutoMotorSports (AMS)tunes Evo's and they are based in Chicago. In fact they have one of the fastest Evo's in the states.

They were in S.A. Tx. this past weekend and ran a 9.7 @ 153 on low boost.

Anyhow, they offer ecu flashes, road or dyno tunes. Might want to check them out.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Xfer

AutoMotorSports (AMS)tunes Evo's and they are based in Chicago. In fact they have one of the fastest Evo's in the states.

They were in S.A. Tx. this past weekend and ran a 9.7 @ 153 on low boost.

Anyhow, they offer ecu flashes, road or dyno tunes. Might want to check them out.
Great point I forgot all about AMS and I have no clue why[:@]

Old 12-18-2006, 10:32 PM

http://www.amsflash.com/main.php

Old 12-19-2006, 01:11 AM

yeah I was looking at thier site, it looks pretty good. Since they dont tune on the weekends Im gonna have to take a day off of work to make the appointment . I'll have to do it next year some time, maybe when income tax time comes. What kind of power you think they would be able to get out of a stock evo with just the two things i got done??? What do stock evos dyno around???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazdaspeed3 Vrs 05Evo Vids