Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Mazdaspeed3 Vrs 05Evo Vids

Old 12-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Default RE: Mazdaspeed3 Vrs 05Evo Vids

stock dyno jey 248ish. they will get you 260-270 you will feel it I promise you , you will feel a huge difference.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:20 PM

I was looking at where it is located and its not too long of a drive for me, so I'll do it sometime in the spring i think.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

I was looking at where it is located and its not too long of a drive for me, so I'll do it sometime in the spring i think.
You NEED a 255Lph fuel pump before the tune though, other than that a TBE with Hi flow would help you a but but not needed

Old 12-19-2006, 11:26 PM

why would I need a bigger fuel pump??? Dont tell me they put a fuel pump thats maxed out on the evo knowing people would mod thier cars. I put out double the power on my v6mustang and never did anything to the fuel pump, just never let the gas tank get below 1/4 and run dry.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:33 PM

I dont know what I wanna do for the exhust side of the car though, the car sounds fine stock and has a nice gurgle if you get on it. I just dont want that obnoxios loud sound most 4cylinder cars have when they put a huge muffler on and take off the cats. My mustang had no cats and it sounded great at idle or anything below 2300rpms anything above that and sounded like a rreal loud tin can with a bunch of bass and i had 3" tubing and a mac exhaust. Thats why I was saying that I would get the tune as is, then I wont modify the car no more once the tunw was out of the way. I really dont know.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:43 AM

Listen to my videos. I have no cat and I think it sounds AWSOME and sounds its best at hi revs.a turbo car is different than a 4 cyl car they sound nothing alike. There is no rasp in a turbo car. And yess the VIII fuel pumps are pretty much maxed out. I have the stock one still but I am at its limit. the IX has a better pump in it. I guess mitsu didnt think it was much of a big deal but then noticed the change was needed and took care of it in the IX

Old 12-20-2006, 07:34 PM

oh well that sucks then that the pump is at its limit, well i dont know then I might not even screw with the car anymore then, its gonna be more of a headache then. Yeah I heard your clips and it does sound good, i didnt know you were running catless too. Well now im even more stuck than i was before, I might as well just leave the car be then, cause the more little stuff i keep changing more more thats gonna screw me over when warranty time comes, thats if i ever need to us it.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:37 PM

plus I hate changing fuel pumps having to drop the fuel tank and and stuff. The pump itself is easy but its a PITA to do without being on a lift, but is perfectly doable, just i dont wanna do that. I just dont know.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 PM

the fuel pump is like a 30 minute job in the EVO man, it is located under the rear seat there are I think 4-5 screw and that is it There is no need to drop the tank. all you do is remove the cover under the rear seat then unplugg the sending unit harness and pop out the pump. And the new one only cost $75-$90 depending if you get the install kit too. It is easy and well worth it. Trust me you WILL NOT be dissapointed with a pump, exhaust and a tune. I garentee you that you will be a very happy evo owner and at that point calling it quites for mods I can see logical because the car will be very fast.

Take my word for it. I thought my EVO was so fast when I had a filter an that was all but then after the exhaust and a Tune they were deffanatly the best $$$ ever spent on the car to date

Old 12-20-2006, 11:35 PM

no lift needed either. just some hand tools and your good

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazdaspeed3 Vrs 05Evo Vids