Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

So what do you think of My drag times????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Banned
Default RE: So what do you think of My drag times????

Wow. How much you pick it up for? If you dont mind me asking

Old 04-15-2007, 02:23 AM

I actually got an amazing deal, I was shopping around for a while and came across my car on the internet for 21,900 OTD I called in asked why so cheap and they said the owner was moving out of country and didnt want to bring the car so he just wanted to sell it, so I ran the vin numbers to check for any damages or wrecks or anything like that, the car came out prefect. So I went in and told them I wanted it and sign the papers on the spot. I cant remember exactly what I paid before taxes but im total was 21,900. I never seen an 05 sell for that so I had to get it, it was just an amazing deal I couldnt pass up.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Banned

Wow... no **** i wouldnt of passed itup either

Old 04-15-2007, 02:30 AM

Yeah, thats what I said, so I took the pluge and drove home with it, the funny part was I never touched a manual car ever till I bought it lol. The drive home was very interesting, but half way home I was getting the hang of it....... well after killing a couple dozen times lol.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Banned

Hey man thats bad ***. Not a lot of people could do that. I learned the same way pretty much. I used to watch my mom drive when i was about 8... then i practiced on a beater that my friends grandfather had next door.. got the hang of it after a while : ).

So did you have anyone explain it to you.. or did you just jump into it blind?

I have to say.. for a total beginner to manual trans cars... those are some very decent times.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:46 AM

my dad was there with me, he got the car to the gas station so i could fill it up and so I didnt look like a complete jackass leaving the dealership, as he was driving he tried to explain it a bit, but it was totally different once i got in the drivers seat lol. But yeah man, I was actually proud of myself for a change when i hit that 12.9 run.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Banned

Hell yeah you should be. Not even sure i could do that...

So what kind of technique are you using? Do you dump the clutch or slip it a little? I take it from the clutch smell.... you slip it LOL.

Dumping it will kill your t-case.. so i guess slipping it is a better option

Old 04-15-2007, 03:02 AM

yeah I was slipping the clutch, when I got to the tree's I was hitting the launch limiter and when the lights changed I lifted my foot a bit untill I felt the car move, I gave it a sec to move the car a bit and then let completely off, I had no bogging or nothing but i did have the wheels spinning lol.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Banned

Awesome. Spinning the tiresAND slipping the clutch... daaamn lol. Maybe you should invest in some better tires lol

Old 04-15-2007, 03:07 AM

I was thinking that too...lol the weather was so frickin cold at the track today, it was like only 30-40 degrees out there, so I know the cold weather didnt help out the wheels, I still have the advans on so I know they are pretty decent.

Quick Reply: So what do you think of My drag times????