Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

So what do you think of My drag times????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:17 AM
Banned
Default RE: So what do you think of My drag times????

Well i cant say.... im inexperianced on the subject.

What i do know.. is the yokohamas are decent.. and the BFGoodrich (shown below) are very decent. My brother has had both on his Lotus. The Yokohamas are expensive.. but awesome. The BFGs are very decent and cheaper. There isnt a whole lot of difference. Depends if you feel like spending the extra cash

BFG

Yokohama also has a really aggressive tire that is almost a slick. Its very common on the Lotus. Not so good in the rain obviously... but insane grip none the less...

Old 04-15-2007, 03:17 AM

well im going to bed, its been a long day, if anyone post tonight i'll reply tomorrow. later

Old 04-15-2007, 03:20 AM

I actually had the bfg tires on my other car, they held up really well, but they were really loud. When on the highway they would be annoying sometimes. but yeah tires is somethins im gonna look into, maybe soon.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Banned

Cool. Let me know. My brother is the big tire expert.. he can just look at a tire and tell you the size and make and model... hoping to acomplish something similar lol

Old 04-15-2007, 03:25 AM

cool man, i'll definately Pm you when the time comes. By the way, do yoy know where I could a tire lug for an evo??? For some reason im missing one, when i was at the track a guy told me I had one missing, I think when i had my exhaust work done they forgot to tighten one of my lugs and It must have fell off.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:28 AM
Banned

Those bastards.

My only thought would be the stealership....

Old 04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

good improvement by the end of the night. Much better. Just get those 60's down the the 1.8's and youll be good. other than that it looks pretty good.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:28 AM

nice times. the funny thing is withyou would be hitting like 12.7s or so with a better launch. your cutch is your weakness and I bet it wont last to long now. I never went to the track on my stock clutch and I got 42k on it and it is ready to let go now.

You DONT need tires yet your spinning out of the launch because of the 2 step. you prob got more clutch burn than tire spin. With your mods you can actually get the tires to churp into second gear if you drive it hard enough. the stock advans are more than capible of handling what you got so far. I say get a clutch and go back I bet youll be a bigg difference in 60fts as you get used to it

Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

good improvement by the end of the night. Much better. Just get those 60's down the the 1.8's and youll be good. other than that it looks pretty good.
1.8s are not good for an Evo John. more like 1.7 or high 1.6s just his clutch will not approve of that for long

Old 04-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Thanks guys, yeah I was gonna keep trying but I figured that my clutch took enough abuse from the track and the trip there and back. But yeah I know there is some room for improvment, next time I go I thnk I'll do a little better since i know what to expect now.

Quick Reply: So what do you think of My drag times????