Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

So what do you think of My drag times????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Default RE: So what do you think of My drag times????

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

Thanks guys, yeah I was gonna keep trying but I figured that my clutch took enough abuse from the track and the trip there and back. But yeah I know there is some room for improvment, next time I go I thnk I'll do a little better since i know what to expect now.
well next time plan a flatbed to bring the car home cause if you dont do the clutch before hand you will be in need of it after. it doesnt have much left I can almost garantee that. Your better off just getting ready for next time buy a cltuch now or a clutch\flywheel combo now. EVOm has some deals at the moment.

EXEDY ORGANIC CLUTCH & GRUPPE-S FLYWHEEL COMBO
-44% torque holding increase (425ft/lbs)
-10.5 lbs flywheel
-Decent for street use, light pedal pressure, soft engagement, very mild chatter
-(For Stage1-2 cars)
$575 Shipped!!

which suites your needs well and is a good price for a combo

EXEDY 6-PUCK CERAMIC-METALLIC CLUTCH & GRUPPE-S FLYWHEEL COMBO
-97% torque holding increase (550ft/lbs)
-10.5 lbs flywheel
-Decent for street use, medium pedal pressure, crisp engagement, very mild chatter
$749 Shipped!!

or plan for the future 6 puck combo.

We have two ACT HDG6 - Heavy Duty with Sprung 6 Puck Disc! For 528 shipped!

Turbo, AWD, 636 lbs. 38% Pedal Increase, This kit utilizes a Heavy Duty Pressure Plate superior to the stock pressure plate. The clutch disk is made of a copper ceramic material which holds approximately 28% more torque than an organic lining. ACT Copper Ceramic Xtreme Race Discs engage fairly harsh and are not recommended for street use. ACT recommends 6-pad ACT Xtreme Race Discs for larger sizes to absorb more heat and for smoother engagement. The 4-pad ACT Xtreme Race Discs engage harsher, shift faster, and are well suited for smaller disc sizes from smaller engines. All clutch kits include throwout bearing and alignment tool (if applicable).

or a non combo

Old 04-15-2007, 11:50 AM

which one can take some good abuse and will last a long time??? How much does it usually cost for a clutch install????

Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM

well the 6 puck is rated to handle 550 ft lbs of tq basically think about it like this. F.O.G.s car made 624HP and nly 512ft lbs of tq so that clutch should b able to take the abuse. the other one is rated to 425ft lbs and your car is prob around only 310ft lbs rigth now.

A clutch install is kind of costly if you cant do it yourself mainly because it is a long process

Old 04-15-2007, 03:31 PM

If i knew anything about trans and had the equipment to do it I might of attempted it but knowing me I'd screw something up. So unfortunately I gotta play someone to do it.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

its gonna be pretty expensive being AWD. i think id figure on something around $700. Alot of places just say 10 hours labor as a standard rate. But id call around and see what you get

Old 04-22-2007, 07:50 AM

that's very impressive got boost, your times are far way then expected for a beginning driver. Congrats. I see you put into account the tips i gave you. Like they said before, your 60ft and mph is not matching the 12.9. at a 108mph trap speed, your set for a 12.6, or 12.5 with a better launch. If you improved so quickly in just one night, chances are you'll be cutting that time, very soon.

I wish you luck, and let me know how it goes.

Gus

Old 04-22-2007, 01:16 PM

Thanks a lot Gus, yeah when I was there I tried to do what you and some others were giving me tips on. By the end of the night I believe I could have gotten a better time but we had to leave because my buddy with the speed 3 broke his motor mount and we left to go to the shop hes getting prototype parts on, they wound up putting a harder motor moount in, plus I didnt want to beat on my clutch anymore. I am gonna be going again to the strip soon and believe I can get a much better time at route66 dragway. But overall for the night I was very happy with myself because like i said before, I have never driven a maunal car before this one and an awd car before. As for the clutch, it feels still really good and I've been driving the car hard lately..... But Im saving money for my replacement. My buddy that I went with had a camera from when we went to the track so when he sends me the vids I'll post them, but right now hes in florida on vacation with his wife and kid. Later

Old 04-22-2007, 05:20 PM

im going to Florida next week on vaca. Then when I get back the 50trim swap is going to get underway.

I think I may save up a little extra cash and spring for the exedy twin disc clutch but they hurt the wallet $1600 for a clutch ehhhh. oh well might as well plan for the future modsand drivetrain.

so If I get the twin disc my total spent since the end of march will go up to about a total bill of about$5000 might end up slightly more

Old 04-22-2007, 09:29 PM

wow damn emonz thats crazy, well ya gotta do what ya gotta do huh lol. Yeah the guy that worked on my car got a twin disk and he's asking just under 900 for it, so I figure I might just buyu it and hold on to it untill i need it. Oh and its new from what I was told, he just wants it out of his garage since its been sitting for a while now.