Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Trade In Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Default Trade In Opinion

Alright, so as the title states, I plan on trading in my car for another.

Due to road conditions and such, I am thinking about leading towards an Evo X. I currently drive a 2000 Civic Si.

I've wanted an Evo since I knew a couple things about cars so this i guess you could say is my dream car (realistically anyway).

I just want to know some opinions on what people think.

I wanna buy this car because of the AWD. I drive on rough roads from my home to my school which is about a 30 mile drive. Since i live in the middle of the Us, we tend to get a lot of snow.

Also, if you think a different car would be a wiser choice, by all means let me know. This'll be my second car when I purchase it.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Default RE: Trade In Opinion

I've had the pleasure of owning a 3 series BMW, RX8, probe GT's and impreza's, but the EVO has been one sweet ride. I can't say it has the perfect 5 speed (GSR X), not as smooth to shift as the RX8, but handles extremelly well. I've loved it so far. Great in the ice and snow with the right tires.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Default RE: Trade In Opinion

The Civic Si doesn't seem all that bad, but I really can't blame ya for wanting an Evo. When I got my Evo, I knew it handled good in the winter all well as rough road conditions. That wasn't my primary reasoning for getting it though, this was and still is my dream car. As well as my Evo does in Colorado winters, I would park it and have a daily driver just for the bad roads conditions, if I could afford another car. I don't know your finincial condition but have you concidered picking up a late modle VIII or IX? Do you even like the older modle VIII and IX? If ya do I would look into it.