Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

What mods won't void my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Default What mods won't void my warranty?

Hey All!

I just joined the forums so this is my first post of (hopefully) many. I just bought a 2006 evo 9 mr, and it's an awesome car! I have an interest in performance mods, as we all do, but I noticed that Mitsubishi really discourages mods and warns that they won't cover your warranty if you modify the engine. My question is this: are there any engine performance mods that I can do that won't **** off Mitsubishi? I paid a lot for my car and of course I want them to stand behind it.

Thoughts?

Old 02-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Default RE: What mods won't void my warranty?

Well it all depends on the local mitsu dealer. some will void it for anything others are coll about it. I have a turbo back exhaust intake boost controller and SAFCII piggy back and I am still covered but they havent seen the car with these mods on there.

When I bought it they said to me "If you buy an exhaust you own the exhaust if the o2 housing cracks its your problem" I did bring my car in for a tune up with intake and boost controller and nothing was said about it chances are they didnt are about the intake and didnt notice the boost controller.

I am to the point now where I need my calipers replaced and my wing (common EVO problems) the clear coat on both is horrible and turns white over time. when I do bring it in I am going to unplug the SAFC from the harness and hope for the best because I am willing to bet that the SAFC will void it all if they see it

Old 02-21-2006, 07:07 PM

EMonz57 is right, it does depend on the dealership. Also you can look into performance parts the dealership sells for the Evo. Chances are that if they have them they will install them and the warrenty will cover them as well.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:13 PM

I wouldnt... mitsu and subaru both are known to be sneaky with the EVO and STi's.... I remember when they first came out they came with a free pass for some autocross course runs and any car who registered with that pass lost warrenties. Also mitsu wasnt shy about haveing "spies" at dragways and videoing EVOs makeing 1/4 mile passes and finding out who the car belonged to and killing the warrenty. both companies are shady with some things however they have cooled down alot I think since the 05-06 EVOs are now equiped with a launch limiter so you cant launch higher than 5K i think it is

Old 02-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned

What ever a dealer can do or bring up about your car to void your warranty they wont hesitate at all, especially on these newer tuner cars.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

What ever a dealer can do or bring up about your car to void your warranty they wont hesitate at all, especially on these newer tuner cars.
Yup and Mitsu is the worst for it. you can just do bolt ons they wont fuss about I dont think and an SAFCII which can be removed in a minute or less. those mods will make you car mid maybe even high 300HP the IX is a monster compaired to the VIII making 400HP possible without needing cams since it has the 20G stock