Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Void the Warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Default Void the Warranty.

Hi everyone,

Been reading on several forums about what parts void the warranty, been hearing so far that ECU's are likely too, anything else? Want to know exactly what to mod in case this first edition Lancer 08 doesn't live up to the Mitsu name...

Thx

Old 08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Default RE: Void the Warranty.

It is somewhat of a misnomer that aftermarket parts will void the warranty. A warranty can only be voided if the aftermarket part is the CAUSE of the failure. Check out this link by SAN (SEMA Action Network):

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128

You have rights that the manufacturer cannot take away, unless it is specifically written into the warranty. Read through your warranty, and you should find a notice that "Aftermaket parts are not warrantied." What this means is that the manufacturer will not cover an aftermarket part, however any original parts they will have to cover unless specifically stated in the warranty. Keep in mind that there are cetain uses that automatically void the warranty, these are stated in the warranty; racing, using as an ambulance or emergency vehicle, etc.

Most aftermarket manufacturers will help you if one of their parts fails or causes problems. Do not hesitate to ask for help from them, it is in their best interest.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Default RE: Void the Warranty.

Slipshift,

This helps greatly. I will look over my warranty when i get a chance. Thanks for clarifying this.