Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

1999 Galant GTZ Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Question 1999 Galant GTZ Problem

I guess the best way to explain this is just start from the beginning. I havent used the GTZ for little over a week and yesterday i was going to use it and it wouldnt start, first i thought it was the starter since it wouldnt turn over at all but i checked the usual signs to see if it was the battery like no horn, dash board dying out, head lights and auto doors wouldnt work so yah battery so tried to jump it and wouldnt start so i bought a new battery hooked it up started right away left it on for about 30 minutes during that time i was trying to put in the codes to the stereo but failed miserably since i couldnt input last digit. turned off the car put the key in ACC positon and tried to input code on stereo again as per the manual says still wasnt able to put code in so i decided to start the car again and now it wont start seems like battery is drained so i figure ill just exchange the battery in the morning. this morning tried to start car but still wouldnt but now it has a little bit more juice in the battery so i jumped it and it started left it at idle for about 45 minutes to get all juiced up but after turning it off it wont start up again so im thinking alternator tried to start it a few more times and failed but now each time i remove the key from ignition there is a clicking sound coming from engine compartment and the dashlights come on like the car wants to start up it does it a couple times then turns off on its own and now the battery seems drained again...ok mitsu gurus what do you think is going on with by beloved GTZ? I really need help!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Default Solution

after much thought i figured it out. it was the after market Security system. I removed the alarm and now everything is fine so if anyone comes across this problem heres the solution.