Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Brake light when accellerating

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Default Brake light when accellerating

Hello folks,
As you can tell, I'm new here...and this seems like a pretty cool place so far!

Here's my dilemma. In the last couple of months, the hand BRAKE light on my dash has been coming on when I accelerate sometimes. on my 2008 4 Door Galant. It's not every time time I take off, but it seems like it happens in the same places every day. If I get off of the gas for a second, the light goes away. Just seems kind of weird to me.
I don't think these are connected, but I didnt notice it until after I aired up my tires a bit. I dont see how these would have anything to do with each other, as I inflated them to the tires' specs...but the light issue started happening the next day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by bigreid07; 02-03-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 PM

have you checked the fluid in your master cylinder??? if it is low, accel or decel can make the fluid move enough to activate the low sensor light for a brief moment.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by jgbrules
have you checked the fluid in your master cylinder??? if it is low, accel or decel can make the fluid move enough to activate the low sensor light for a brief moment.
We have 1-2 people a day come in with this problem. As your brake pads wear thinner, the fluid in the res goes down and when you accell or brake, the fluid sloshes to the front or back and makes the sensor show you are low. If you do add some, just add a splash to make sure its not overfull for when the time comes to do the brakes.

Hope this helps and have a great day.