Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Cruise Control Disengaging

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 AM

I have found the problem with this green light works but cruise control doesn't engage. Problem now is I don't know what the part is called. Its the part that is on the left (passenger wheel well) that drives the vaccum line to the throttle cable. I found that once I took the thing apart it has a piece of sponge type filter in the little inlet on the left side as your looking down from the left side of the car. Pull it out and put a another piece of filter media in. Boom it works

Old 09-15-2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by msmith132
JohnWayne, I am having the exact same problem on my 2007 Eclipse. Can you tell me what you learned? Thanks.
Did you ever find a fix for this?

Old 09-17-2013, 04:19 PM

The problem with mine..disengaging of the cruise control...is that i had a busted tail light. I replaced the busted one and all is well now...

I guess the lights of the mits are all networked in some ways that if one goes off...wierd things happen on your electrical controls....

Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Banned

Da fuq? Really?

Old 08-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Default 2006 Mitsibitchi galant

My galant cruise light is on but cruise isn't working can someone tell me where my fuse box is I just got this car and can't get info about it at all ? Thanks alot
Originally Posted by rmconard
I'm not an expert by any means, but by messing around with my '99 Galant enough I'm pretty sure that the headlights and cruise control are on a completely separate fuse, possibly even a separate relay.

This doesn't make sense at all that one would effect the other.

Like I said, I'm not an expert so don't laugh at my suggestions, but here's a couple things you can try. Sort of like process of elimination to determine where the problem lies:

(1) During the daytime, pull the fuse for the headlights and see if the cruise control still works. If your headlights stop working but the cruise control keeps working, then this means that the two are not on the same fuse. But if they both stop working when you pull the headlight fuse, then that would explain how they would directly effect each other.

(2) If the fuse option doesn't work or you can't isolate the fuse then go ahead and pull the relay for the headlights. The relays are in the fuse box under the hood, not the one on the dash/console. In my galant they look like little black, rectangular boxes. There should be one specifically for the headlights. Pull it out and you'll notice your lights won't turn on. Hop on the road and see if the cruise control still works. If it does, even with the relay pulled go ahead and turn the lights on normally with the switch and see if it kills the cruise control. Technically, even with the relay pulled there's still electrical "activity" happening when you hit the switch all the way up to the point where it can't pass through the relay. So it could still stop the cruise control, if it does then you've just confirmed that it's not the headlights directly, but rather the switch to turn the headlights on.

These are just ideas. I could be completely wrong about everything, but it's worth a try to some extent. The goal is to rule out things that are/are not causing the problem.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:15 PM

Hi - Where is the fuse? I looked at the drawing online and NONE of them say fuse for cruise control.. please help.. ty!