Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Galant PCM tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Default Galant PCM tuner

My gf has a Galant with a supercharger on the 3.0 V6. She had a speed shop put it in before i met her and she says they re-progammed it. Not sure if this is true or not, this thing is not as fast as it should be and its not running as much boost as it could. Its a really long story but she basically cant go back to the shop where she got it installed, she got screwed over big time! (i guess you live you learn)

Its her daily driver for now and shes not looking for huge power untill next year, shes getting a winter car and should be modding the galant in the winter. Once she has everything tuned up (i.e. belt slipping, trans slipping, and dieing out randomly), she wants to take it to a dyno shop or somewhere where they can hook it up to a laptop and tune it correctlly for her modifications.

My question to all of you is, do they sell a program for a 01 Galant that you can use on your own laptop OR do any of you know of any speed/dyno shops that will program it right for her in the Chicagoland area.
Thanks for any input!

Jeremy

Old 10-17-2005, 04:34 AM
Default RE: Galant PCM tuner

If she is running the RIPP mods supercharger then the Black Box has to be tuned. I would contact RIPP and they might be able to tune it for you. My question is how do you know that it isn't running what it should be?

Old 10-27-2005, 11:21 PM

She does have the RIPP one. Like I said before, some speed shop installed it, where would that black box be. I know what it is because i looked it up on the internet. The reason i said its not running like it should is because the belt is slipping really bad along with the trans. Do you know of any ways to get a tensioner on there or is there something out there to make it not slip. Thinking about it more and researshing the product i take back what i said about tuning it. I never knew there was a box like that, she knew it was in there but never told me, i was just assuming the computer was still stock because of the idiots that put it in. Thanks

Old 10-28-2005, 01:39 AM

I would contact RIPP. There pretty good at helping with there products but just a little heads up. Even though the 3G's have been having good sucess with the SDS the Galant 8G's are not. I can tell you of one guy who got so tired of dealing with it after blowing two motors he just got rid of it and went turbo. IMO I don't think it is the install but the product but your not going to really find out until you speak with RIPP.