Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

I need you guys help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 05:52 AM
Default I need you guys help!

Hello, im new to this site and i have a problem. I have a 2002 Galant w/ 62,000 miles on it and ive beenhearing this ticking noise coming from under the hood. i open the hood and the noise kinda stopped but i think it may be one of the valves. i always hear this noise when the car is warming up in the morning, when im backing up, and when im sitting a light or stop sign. the noise disappears when i start moving. it gets annoying bc my car is only 3 years old and i really didnt have this problem when i had my 96 galant last year. so i took my car to the shop and the mechanic said he said its the oil but i already had my oil changed at the mitsubishi dealer, so he said he'll put valve dressing on it. guess what? it didnt work so now im gonna take it in to the dealer so they can see what this noise is. so i get my timing belts changed and after that my car ran funny. everytime when my car would go pass 3,000 rpms it gets loud and it starts to vibrate but before my timing belts were change i had no problem whatso ever. i thought this was due to the fact that i have no timing belts and i said to myself ill give it 3 days to get use to the new belts. The 3 days came and went and i took my car belt to the shop and they loosen the belts a little since he put it on tight. its still running like that and its downshifting and you can hear the transmission revving down when i didnt hear it before the belts where change. i use to like to hear my car roar bc it didnt get loud til it hit 4,000 rpms but now i dont. even the ticking noise has gotten louder. can anyone help me out? i really love my car and this is the only problem im having with it. thank you.