Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Default RE: intake manifold

If the Upgraded ECU is from a automatic Eclipse then it should work... not 100% sure on this since I haven't known anyone to do this. Now a stand alone and a upgraded ECU is two different things so which one are we talking about?

Old 04-21-2005, 02:43 AM

i would perfer a stand alone that way i could do alot more fine tunning. but if i can't and upgraded one would be fine. i already have a 2 door little sports car but i also have a family. thats why i have the galant . it is used mostly to get around town and long trips i just want it to be faster. i am a speed freak. i don't want to do anything super crazy. but some mild tunning of the fuel system maybe some better cams, port and polished head with new intake and exhuast manifolds to help it running a little more to my liking. it is kinda one of those things i will have a little extra money and for i change i want to spoil myself. is there any engine swaps that are coming on these cars that might be worth the time i dunno about?

Old 04-21-2005, 05:00 AM

Any Stand alone will work it is all in the software... what stand alone are you planning on using Greddy... AEM?

Engince swaps... you can either do a 6A13TT with a FTO tranny or an EVO IV to EVO VIII with a 3G Manual Tranny both swaps are pretty expensive.

Cams... only RPW makes cams for the 4G64.
Exhaust manifold.... that is for turbo charged cars.. I think you might mean headers... if you looking to turbo charge the 4G64 let me know and I can start you off right.
PNP... not really needed since they flow pretty good now. If your looking to do a straight N/A engine with blueprints and all then do it.

I think your looking for some simple bolt ons... Air Intake.. Exhaust... Cam Gear... Headers... Spark Plug Wires... SAFC II to trim everything out. That should keep you happy and add about 10 to 20 hp.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:34 AM

i was thinking about keeping it n/a but i really like turbos. but i didn't want to go to crazy as of right now. i was thinking about maybe a supercharger but i don't really like them all that much.how much would a turbo kit cost and how much power could i gain with it ? with a stand alone i supposed i could get a little more? which brand do you perfer greddy or AEM. i know of both them as company but never had iether of ther products before. all in all you are thinking like i was. maybe a little more hp but still reliable for an everyday driver.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 2002es

i was thinking about keeping it n/a but i really like turbos. but i didn't want to go to crazy as of right now. i was thinking about maybe a supercharger but i don't really like them all that much.how much would a turbo kit cost and how much power could i gain with it ? with a stand alone i supposed i could get a little more? which brand do you perfer greddy or AEM. i know of both them as company but never had iether of ther products before. all in all you are thinking like i was. maybe a little more hp but still reliable for an everyday driver.
Cost on a turbo kit can run anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 or you can custom make your own and if you want to do it cheap I can show you how to do it between 500 to 1,000.

For the stand alone I perfer the Greddy E-Manage because that is what I am used to. I hear the AEM is gaining in popularity.

For starters I would go with a CAI or short ram intake. I perfer the short ram because I find you gain better throttle response and with my SAFC I see I suck in about 1000 karms of air with a CAI I am lucky to hit 800 so IMO more air and better throttle response is important to me. Then get yourself a custom catback with 2.5 piping manderal bent pipes.... AEM cam gear... SAFC II to help trim everything out.... RIPP headers.. don't go cheap here the RIPP headers don't throw any codes like the cheaper headers do but they do run $600.00 and with only gains of 1-3 hp not really worth it IMO.... spark plug wires I would go with Magnecor don't use Nology... plenty of people I know have had problems with Nology wires.... then when you done and like the way everything runs maybe a JET chip...

When you get the chance visit my site... www.dnaracing.net you will find plenty of people with Galants to help you on our message board.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:28 PM

aem's offers a stand alone for 4g64's....