Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Should i be losing??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Default Should i be losing??

Should i be losing to a 1995 Beretta? its a 3100 motor V6 155 Horsepower 185 lbs of Torque....But he only beats me by a little bit...ive heard people telling me that i shouldnt be losing...he has intake and im stock...but i dont think that should make MUCH a difference...i was just wondering if its normal for me to be losing...

GR06

Old 12-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Should i be losing??

Is he manual or auto and are you manual or auto? It WILL make a bit of difference though not too much if the drivers suck. Also practice your launch skills. But some cars just aren't a match for others. In this case though I'd say you might be able to take him with some practice launching and shifting. A CAI or an exhaust might not be a bad idea either

Old 12-18-2005, 07:44 PM

We are both automatic...i feel WICKED laggy on throttle response too..like i SHOVE the pedal down and it takes a second or so for the car to realize and THEN it goes..also i lose to him on the highway from 60 rolls....i stay with him until 70 or so and then he gains ground...it sucks and he gives me **** for it

GR06

Old 12-18-2005, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: GalantRacer06

i feel WICKED laggy on throttle response tooGR06
I knew you were from New england the second I read this LOL. I grew up in Cape Code moved to Tampa FL a year ago.

What motor does your car have in it??

Old 12-19-2005, 12:45 AM

I forget what the motor model is but i have a 2000 Galant ES...haha I Pahked the cah in Havahd Yahd...hahah friggen bostonians...

Old 12-19-2005, 09:18 AM

I forget what the motor model is but i have a 2000 Galant ES...haha I Pahked the cah in Havahd Yahd...hahah friggen bostonians...
is it a 4cyl?? not MIVEC right

Old 12-19-2005, 11:49 AM

Yah its the 4 banger and no its not MIVEC

Old 12-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

We are both automatic...i feel WICKED laggy on throttle response too..like i SHOVE the pedal down and it takes a second or so for the car to realize and THEN it goes..also i lose to him on the highway from 60 rolls....i stay with him until 70 or so and then he gains ground...it sucks and he gives me **** for it

GR06
An idea I've been toying with in my head is making a custom exhaust for the car. Having a y pipe off the cat that was gated so you could choose which side to be using. One side vented to atmosphere the other following the standard normal exhaust path. Then having a level in the car to switch between the 2 positions. Just a thought and still kinda hashing out details but it would give you a massive performance boost (Powerwise) wheny uo had the atmosphere side open. Though it would also be hella noisy.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

GR06
An idea I've been toying with in my head is making a custom exhaust for the car. Having a y pipe off the cat that was gated so you could choose which side to be using. One side vented to atmosphere the other following the standard normal exhaust path. Then having a level in the car to switch between the 2 positions. Just a thought and still kinda hashing out details but it would give you a massive performance boost (Powerwise) wheny uo had the atmosphere side open. Though it would also be hella noisy.
that all depends on where it is venting out, you need backpressure for low end TQ no exhaust will give a better mid range id bet though

And this has been done in 3000GTs and stealths pretty much.... Stock they run the exhaust into a inlet in the muffler and there is a switch that moves it and routes the exhaust threw a different pass into the muffler with a bigger inlet and more of a straight through muffler shot and in my buddies stealth you can def. feel the difference between the two and hear the difference for sure.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:26 PM

I was contemplating trading my 4 banger in for the Galant GTZ V6....but from what im reading its saying the V6 is in fact SLOWER than the 4 cylinder? how can that be? it has 50 more horsepower and 50 more torque...it may weigh a few hundred pounds more but thats not gunna make it SLOWER than a 4 cylinder?? thats really weird, i guess im happy i have the 4 cylinder version!!

Quick Reply: Should i be losing??