Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Should i be losing??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Should i be losing??

And don't forget the fact that you can ALWAYS push start the B**** when you're a dumb@$$ and forget to turn your lights off.... LOL

Old 12-28-2005, 12:17 PM

Sort of an update on me VS the Beretta...

i got a cheap cold air intake from ebay and installed it yesterday..took a ride over to his house and he agreed to take a trip to the highway for a little race...believe it or not i TOOK HIM on the first run!!(55 roll) i was so excited i couldnt believe it! I took him again on a third run but this time from a 70 roll...third run we did from a 60 roll...

for some reason he started to beat me...then i FLEW by him..come to find out..he blew out 2 of his cylinders hahahahah!! so now hes driving a gimped 6 cylinder thats basically a 4 cylinder now hahah thats what he gets for driving a GM...

GR06

Old 12-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

LOL Rock on... Silly people liking thier Generic Motors cars... LOL

Old 12-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

ORIGINAL: GalantRacer06

We are both automatic...i feel WICKED laggy on throttle response too..like i SHOVE the pedal down and it takes a second or so for the car to realize and THEN it goes..also i lose to him on the highway from 60 rolls....i stay with him until 70 or so and then he gains ground...it sucks and he gives me **** for it

GR06
An idea I've been toying with in my head is making a custom exhaust for the car. Having a y pipe off the cat that was gated so you could choose which side to be using. One side vented to atmosphere the other following the standard normal exhaust path. Then having a level in the car to switch between the 2 positions. Just a thought and still kinda hashing out details but it would give you a massive performance boost (Powerwise) wheny uo had the atmosphere side open. Though it would also be hella noisy.
that all depends on where it is venting out, you need backpressure for low end TQ no exhaust will give a better mid range id bet though

And this has been done in 3000GTs and stealths pretty much.... Stock they run the exhaust into a inlet in the muffler and there is a switch that moves it and routes the exhaust threw a different pass into the muffler with a bigger inlet and more of a straight through muffler shot and in my buddies stealth you can def. feel the difference between the two and hear the difference for sure.
Well I'll put it this way. I have an '03 Sentra with a 1.8L and when I blew out the flex hose I drove it for 6 months or more loud as hex runnin around gettin other ricer wannabe's revvin next to me LOL... Then I got the flex hose fixed and it felt like I lost ALOT of get up and go. You get torque from backpressure and I think that helps at higher end I think low BP helps in the low end.