Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

02 lancer es no start, need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Default 02 lancer es no start, need help

02 es turbo lancer 5spd
the car was mine friends car, he attempted a diy first time timing belt change. Yes he fuked it up. the pistons slapped the valves and bent the valves. Before i pulled the motor out. I found out the pump was not turning on and it did not have spark at all.
I traded my honda civic for his car so now i have it.
I bought a new motor for it. The motor is from an automatic dont know if the ckp and the rest of the sensors are the same but they all plugged right up. So Yea i dropped in a new motor. The only thing i swap from the spd was the coil and plugs, spark plugs, tapped oil pan and intake manifold, injectors too. Before each spark plug wire the previous owner wired in a resistor. Still no fuel or spark.
What i tested so far
-jumped fuel pump it turns on
-tested power wire going to fuel pump w/key on the on position, no power is being found.
-jumped fuel pump relay it turns on, and tested good w/multimeter
-chk for spark no spark
-car cranks very fast as in normal, not slow

Old 05-17-2009, 05:58 PM

i read up on some forums, i checked my ckp (crankshaftpositionsensor) i used a multimeter and getting 0.07-0.08 volts while cranking. The ckp also sends signals to the ecu to fuel pump on to send fuel to the injectors. So if im not getting spark or fuel and the ckp checked out ok, should i go buy a new ecu?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 AM

the A/T ecu is differently tuned than the M/T. the CKP sensor should be the same. on start up, A/T have to re learn idle..which is characteristic of the ecu, the safety neutral switch might be faulty tho, if u put a M/T on it...u are deff gona have a no spark no fuel problem.