Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

03 lancer es heater

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Default 03 lancer es heater

i have an 03 lancer es and for the most part it is a great car. however this past summer the temp control switches on the dash started giving me problems. at first they were real hard to turn then the cable popped off of the switch that changes the temp from cold to hot. so i climbed under the dash thinking i could just switch it manually so i could have heat. i was wrong. its something in the box itself that makes it so when i drive to work in the bitter cold winter days here in utah i arrive with ice sicles on my chin. i was wondering if any body knows what or if there is anything i can do to bypass this or something. i called the dealer and the mechanic i spoke with told me he has done a few with the same problem but that it is $1300 and it would take a day to do it.now im very mechanicly inclined and would be willing to rip the dash all apart myself to help save the money but i was also wondering if anybody has had this problem and what parts i might need before i get started. thanks for any help i appreciate it.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Default RE: 03 lancer es heater

Have the dealer print you a copy of TSB-05-55-003.

It will tell you how to fix the problem. It is a lot of work. You have to pull the dash out to replace some parts on the Heater box.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:33 PM

When I bought my Lancer 03 ES (used one), it has the same problem. The knobwas hardly able to be turned from Warm to Coldor anotherway.I thenasked the dealer to fix it for me. It's a small dealer, and they fixed it for free. But the **** is still not like what's in other cars which can be turned smoothly. I also check another Lancer 03 ES of my friend's. His car is pretty new with only 30k miles, but the **** on his car somehow works in the same way with mine. Looks like Lancer ES 03 has this problem.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:35 PM

Found the TSB document. Check here.
http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...d.php?t=316844

Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 AM

do you think the dealer stocks the parts i would need? or do you think they would have to order them? thanks for all your help. not looking forward to doing this but i need the heater. thanks again

Old 01-26-2008, 02:17 PM

The dealer I work at stocks all the parts in the TSB. If the **** is broke off the control head then you will need a new conrol head.