Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

03 Lancer ES problems

Old 06-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Default 03 Lancer ES problems

Just got the car and the previous owner made a few modifications now the gauge lights and a few other issues have come up some more serious than others i really need help here i checked all the fuses none of them are bad do i have to rip out he dash to see if bulbs are bad or what and I think there is something wrong with the engine because when i go to accelerate it sputters and bucks the car a little any thoughts?

Last edited by frenchman12; 06-27-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by frenchman12
Just got the car and the previous owner made a few modifications now the gauge lights and a few other issues have come up some more serious than others i really need help here i checked all the fuses none of them are bad do i have to rip out he dash to see if bulbs are bad or what and I think there is something wrong with the engine because when i go to accelerate it sputters and bucks the car a little any thoughts?
I have seen a few 02-03 lancers with the dash light problem. I think the issue is the clusters are poorly made and they are getting hairline cracks that are breaking the soder points and circuits. Google mitsubishi lancer pcb and you will find alot of info. Some people are able to find the cracks and repair them. Personally on two that we saw we just ended up running new wires to a good power source and ground from the bulbs and got everything working that way.

As for the other issue it could be all kinds of things, you should have a mechanic check that out.