Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

2008 Lancer Shifting from Park and Battery??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 07:29 PM
Default 2008 Lancer Shifting from Park and Battery??

In the last few colder day my lancer once i hop in and put the key in the ignition, attempt to turn it, and everything shuts off. all the lights on the dash are off. so i checked my battery, its brand new from Aug/Sept and voltage is right at 12.17v. At first, i thought it was just a lose negative terminal, cause thats all i found. tighten it up. car dash turned back on, was able to turn the car on no problem. except now, on a cold day (it might just be a coincidence), but once i break to move the shifter from park to drive, it doesn't unlock. i have to jiggle the shifter a bit and then it lets go. break lights still turn on while pressing the pedal. as well as still having my car shut off after i turn off the car by turning the key in the ignition.

i'm thinking it the negative terminal cable needs to be replaced. but it looks in decent condition.
just don't have much idea why my shifter won't unlock after stepping on the break. or is it one whole issue.