Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

2010 Lancer sportback, suggestions for power please!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Default 2010 Lancer sportback, suggestions for power please!

hey guys! so my friend has a 2010 lancer sportback, and he messaged me asking if i could do some research for him about giving his car more power. now, im a Honda guy, so i dont really know much about mitsubishis! any suggestions or advice would be awesome!

he basically is talking about doing an engine swap, mods, blah blah basically classic guy who gets a new car and instantly wants to do stuff to it even though he doesn't know how to change an air filter XD (exaggerated) but he'd my best friend so i said id help him out. HERE'S WHAT IM WONDERING.

he wants more power. engine swap. what engines are commonly swapped into these cars? can you slap an evo engine into the sportback without to many problems? is the sportback not built to handle the power of the evo?

OR should he build up his engine. turbo, cdi, etc. either he builds his engine OR swaps in a bigger engine, what else is going to be an issue.

if you change the, (the sportback is a 2.4L right?) 168hp to say like 210-220 ish, is that going to cause problems with the transmission and basically the whole drivetrain?

what would be his best bet on increasing power? thanks a billion guys i hope im not being an annoying noob making an already covered thread, i DID try searching but found no answer to this :/ thanks guys,

Cory