Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

hello all

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Default hello all

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello, i will be joining the forum as I am looking to buy a Lancer in about 6 months when I graduate college. I have been cursed with a dodge neon and after a couple years with that car, it will be thelast dodge that I own. I just want to say I did not choose that car, I was given that car, but when I was offered the car for free I took it. I wanteda lancer at the time asI had just fallen inlovewith them. $4800 in repairs later I stopped making the repairs. I have made repairs needed to keep the car running, but many other minor things need to be done.

After this experience, I decided to drive the car until I graduate and then buy a Lancer, either th '08 or '09 variety. Until then, I want to learn about them and hear from the drivers. If I am a "lurker" I apologize in advance as I have little knowledge of the car, but want to gain some.

Thanks to all,

Barry_Badranath

Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Default RE: hello all

Just buy the 2009 LancerESorGTS Manual transmission. toys it is up to you to choose the options.

but if you want to pay another 4 grand in the future fixing a car. I recommend that you buy an Automatic.

but if you want the low end and you the money to modify the Lancer I will buy the DE $13,500 only but no stuff inside just the same engine and body.

I ambeing sarcastic about the 4 gransorry

Old 06-18-2008, 02:27 PM

I would probably look to get the manual tranny, just a preference of mine. are the DE and ES that different? I like the way the GTS looks, and if my research is correct, a sports package on the ES would have the same look. I guess these are questions I could ask the dealer, but was just wondering. Thanks

eh, it is my fault for sticking with the neon...I have learned to laugh about it

Old 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Mine is 2008 Lancer ES.

I have remote key(not fast key) w/ 4 disc brakes,bluetooth connection and Ipod connection,16 alloy rims, power windows and buttons on the streering. if you want more I recommend the GTS manual, paddle shifters is for automatic only but the car will be slower to accelerate.

I bought ES because I don't like the BIG WINGS of the GTS and it is more expensive with a car loan interest. my credit no good thats why.

if you havegood credit with 6 percent interest rate I will go for the GTS manual. The car is only $18,000 fully loaded 650 watts fosgate and nav, and ipod connection and fast key entry

pick one