Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Help for a strange vibration on Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback 2.0 Dl-D

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Default Help for a strange vibration on Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback 2.0 Dl-D

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback 2.0 Dl-D 6 speed manual shift made in the 2010. Since the first year of life I feel a strange vibration. The happen is sporadic (8 to 10 times per years)

After 3 year the vibration was like that: some time the car shake and vibrating like you're driving off road but I'm stop with neutral on. All the car shake, the chair, the steering weel, the chassy, etc.

Sometime during the regular drive the car start again to shake and feel like have no more power, the speed reducing and in order to speed up I have to shift down and push all the way down the gas pedal.

I bring back the car to the local Mitsubishi service multiple times. They change every time the diesel filter told me that was filthy.
Then they change a probe for the Diesel particulate filter (DPF) told me that was defective. But the problem was never solved.
Now I have again a couple of minor event, but Im sure this problem its not gone.

Someone have idea about what cause this vibration?
Thank you!

Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 AM

Please, sombody can help?

Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Banned

I think the problem you are experiencing has to do with the fuel system.

Change the diesel fuel filter, and see how that works. Check the wires going to each injector, there may be a bad injector too.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:48 AM

Thank you for the answer.

Yes it may be the filter , everytime the mechanic changed it he told me that it was in very bad condition even if I changed it every 20.000 Km.

But when he changed the DPF probe the problem disappeared for like 1 month. Then after 2 months I have again a little event, very light and short. Then I have another one more strong after 3 months.

I can't see how this can be connected with a bad injector... can't be a problem in the DPF system that takes too much diesel from the injector due to the probe problem?

Is it possible to remove the proble control with a dummy probe?

Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Banned

It is possible, I believe. I'm not a diesel expert, but I believe I am right here.

When dirt or crap gets into your diesel fuel, those chunks damage the tips of the injectors. When that happens, they don't function properly, either dumping massive amounts of fuel that will clog a DPF, or could cause it to not function to full capacity, causing the fuel starvation/jerking you experience.

I stand by my original statement that your problem is with the fuel supply. Find out what's causing the junk.