Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

lancer 08 daytime lights shutoff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Default RE: lancer 08 daytime lights shutoff?

All this pain just to get rid of YOUR Day Time RunninG Light.

I still don't get it. Why don't you want your DRL?

You are not even affected with it.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 PM

jsrd....... go over to the outlander threads.

there is a thread up at the top right now with a "how to".

it will work on 07 outlander and 08 lancer

checked out the electical setup on both cars as i have both.......

Old 06-08-2008, 08:06 PM

BEAT:

the reason is that I am going to install the OEM HID and necessarily need to deactivate the DRL's; in addition, under conditions of little visibility, I turn on all set of lights of the Outie, reason why the DRL's is indifferent under these circumstances; and in México, they are not mandatory.

07outty:

I look this thread, grat info to already deactivate DRL. But, I was with my dealer and it says that it can deactivate them via ETACS, so I will try this option and I will confirm if it is possible to do it. . .

Thanks. . . .

Old 10-20-2022, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by neo2040
I'm a 08 lancer owner I love the car in almost everyway, I do however have this one problem that is truly ascetic but still needs fixed. Theday time running lights need to be shut off, I mean even on the lancer commercial they are not on and I know it must be anoption.Its a waste of electricity and everything. I prefer to have the power to decide for myself what lights I want on and when they should be on. Only a jackass in my opinion woulddrive around in broad daylight with lights on.I have talked to two different mitsu service shops in my area and both are claiming it is not an option to disable this feature. They did however say that after enough customer’s complain about it that mitsu would put out a fix. Does anyone know a fix for this? second does anyone think that daytime running lights should be forced on consumers with no choice of disabling this function.

I’m no tree hugger but in a world were we are trying to save energy running lights all day long seems like such a waste especially if you think about it running on several hundreds of thousands of cars. Imagine the saved energy if those hundred thousand cars only used the lights when needed.
About Mitsubishi running lights. I have somewhat similar problems. My front and back lights on the passenger side stay on even if the car is not running and it drains the battery. Does anyone know what the issues could be?