Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

MMCS Issue

Old 05-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Default MMCS Issue

Hi there, I have a 2008 GTS that originally came with the 6disc changer, and i bought the factory nav off ebay last week.

The Navi works awesome and so does everything else, but i have 1 small issue with it. The serivce menu shows everything in miles, yet the rest of the system is all in km (I am in canada, and this unit came from a wrecked car in PA).

Is there any way to change this? like I said, it's only in the service/maintenance section that it shows miles

any help would be appreciated

The Staples

Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM

I'll take a look at mine on the ride home and let you know if this doesn't help but... from going off a memory I think under Set > Units > you have your options to change the temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit, as well as the miles or kilometers and a few other options.

Let me know if this helps.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 AM

Yeah, in the 'SET' menu, under one of the options, i can change the units from KM/L, KM/100L, MPG and there is another one... it is set to KM/100L and everythign shows properly, except when i go into the maintenance option.

then it shows the remaining distances in miles, yet everything else is in km.

between this, and the fact that the maps are WAY out dated, this is perfect for me. I spent $1000 CDN on it, with the trim piece, and the A/V plug under the dash, and the GPS antenna, off ebay... including shipping that was an awesome deal

anwyay, if i could figure out how to change that, that'd be awesome. as well, i'd love to know how to TOTALY reset it, becuase the 'previous' VIN# is stored in there, and if i have to get it serviced, i'd like to say it was there from factory, since i am the second owner, and it's still got a warrenty on it

Old 05-08-2009, 04:16 PM

If you pull the battery for like 5 mins it will reset everything in the MMCS, although it remembers important things so I doubt it will actually lose any of that but it might be worth a try as it reinitializes on bootup.. And you will not need any unlock codes or anything stupid like that.

The only other option I can think of it taking it to the dealership, they may have something they can do. Or just charge you to reinstall the OS.