Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

New to forum and got problem (trans)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Default New to forum and got problem (trans)

Am new to this forum so if I misspell anything or do anything wrong please let me know.
My current and only problem so far is my manaul 5-speed transmissionI never liked I own a 2003 mitsubishi lancer oz-rally edition, Here is a description of the problem/ probable causeI went on trip to from NYC to Ohio and when I arrived to Ohio I noticed I has 29,9XX miles I dindt want to take any chances with car probles so I brang my car to local shop and they did routine 30k tune up they asked me ifI wanted the trans oil changed I said why not so they changed it but they used some synthetic gear fluid when I left it felt fine actaully better than normal but we let car sit for 6 hrs and whenI started to drive it felt extremly hard and wouldnt go into gear without using a little forces. Now I have 33k and the gears seem to pop out when I shift only when its first 10 mins of driving after that it rarely does it.I have no idea what it could be, oh and i did go to my local dealer and got fluid checked whenI came back to NYC they couldnt find the problem those dumbasses in my local dealer couldnt tell me what the problem was if My car was on fire and i was holding a Bottle of gasoline and a torch thnx any help would be aprecaited