Am I crazy? 2017 Fit vs 2018 Mirage.. - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:03 PM

Default Am I crazy? 2017 Fit vs 2018 Mirage..

Hello All,

Currently lease a 2017 Fit EX (1.5 L4 6MT) with "bells and whistles" like lane change camera, reverse camera, keyless-everything, auto headlights, etc. It handles very well in the turns and isn't so bad performance-wise either.

And the thing is, I'm considering trading the lease, and absorb thousands of dollars in negative equity, to finance a basely Mirage.

Why?

I like the basic feel of the Mirage. It's also apparently cable clutch which has the nice old school feel vs. the "up-to-modern standards" Honda Fit with a slave cylinder. I love the gearing of a 5-speed vs. 6-speed too. The inline-3 is very unusual, yet I like the vibrations and noises it makes; very old-school engine feel.

My questions:
1. How reliable is the 1.2 L3 long-term like 100k-200k miles?
2. If Mitsubishi leaves the U.S. market in 5 years, is my 10-year warranty still standard?
3. How is getting parts for a vehicle like this, if Mitsubishi leaves the market?

Does it make sense I want to trade my "better" Honda Fit for a Mirage? Everybody I talked to told me not to... but I grew up in old primitive cars and this thing is very nostalgic to me.

Which one would you guys choose? Why?
Old 04-19-2018, 04:15 PM

Well if i was you, i will continue to use it and will save up some money when the car over 100,000 miles, then i will trade in and get the new vehicle. You dn't know what next technology they will add in the car for the next few years. Right now i have mirage hatchback 2018 and i will keep riding it until the car can'r drive it anymore then i will buy new car.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:44 PM

I had a 2018 Mirage Hatchback as a loaner from the Dealer for 5 days while my car was getting some paint work done. It wasnt terrible....verrry basic...just auto trans and power windows locks etc...It did have a backup camera ..which is nice...and it goes a lonnng way on a tank of fuel..like 35 or 40 litres and its full...I drive 100 miles per day for my commute..and I had no complaints...it does what it was designed to do...Point A to Point B...for very little expense.

I would consider it as a second car..great warranty and reliable.