Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

"D" light on my Gauge cluster

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Default RE: "D" light on my Gauge cluster

ORIGINAL: smoerbe

Sorry. It's a 2001 Montero Limited.
Well, I was hoping it wasn't one of the newer ones. I'm totally unfamiliar with what I call the Gen III models. I'm familiar with both the Gen I, & II to some degree. I suspect it's very similar to the Gen I/II but can't confirm that.

Do you have a copy of the Factory Service Manual? It's usually a couple of hundred dollars but if you're looking to do your own repairs in the future, it's worth double it's weight in gold. If you want to do common occassional repairs then a Haynes/Chiltons manual may suffice. I've got the Haynes for a Gen I and the FSM for the Gen I & Gen II. I don't have it for the Gen 2.5's or the Gen III's.

Old 10-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Default RE: "D" light on my Gauge cluster

To access the instrument panel on a Gen III;

There are two screws for the instrument cover cluster, one above the speedo, one above the tack. After you remove those two screws the assembly should pull out.

Once you have the cover off, there are four screws holing the gauges in place. Remove the four screws and you should be able to pull out the gauge cluster and access the bulbs.

Old 06-25-2023, 10:52 PM

Hi! just noticed this thread, I have a 2002 Montero Limited, and my D light is out also. If I want to get a brand-new bulb (as opposed to using the one from first gear), does anyone have the part number for OEM please? I have the part number for the 4x4 light (MR444536), but that one might be a bigger bulb than the D. Thank you!

Old 08-06-2023, 09:33 AM
Default Reply to why the ,"D, is off on dash for montero, ALL MODELS

Originally Posted by ole
Just had the 4wd and the ABS lights fixed on the transmission, They were flashing and there were switches replaced that sit on the transmission. Now I notice after the work that my "D" light does not light up. Is this too a bulb problem or could they (dealer) screwed up somthing up?

Thax
It is with great pleasure that I can answer with 100% confidence, co sideri g these threads have helped me relieve panic attacks when. my Monty has acted up, according to the montero manual that came with my 2002 SR, it clearly says that the D does not turn on, it was designed that way, so there will not be a bulb there, check it for yourself if you want. No D on the dash, so please dont tear down your instrument cluster, Your welcome, hope this eases anxiety....good day!!