Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

01 Montero LTD Need Ext Water Temp Gauge help

Old 05-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Default 01 Montero LTD Need Ext Water Temp Gauge help

Can someone please recommend an aftermarket water temp guage that works for the 2001 Monetro LTD.
I tried an mechanical gauge which had it's own temp reader probe that only fitted in the second temp unit sender that has two wires. After disconnecting the original it affected the fan speed and rpm so that's no good, but it did read the temp just fine.

I have not tried the smaller one wire sending unit because the supplied probe was too big to fit. I'm assuming an electric gauge might connect directly to that sending unit.

I'm going to try next an electric water gauge but don't know which one. If anyone has one installed, can you please advise the model and some basic install information. Do you connect it directly to the original single wire sending unit or does it come with it's own sending unit? Please advise.
The reason I need the guage is becuase of the ECU cluster that has failed. I'm not looking to repair it because of the cost. An ext gauge will be fine.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:10 PM

I know this is an older post but if you're still looking this is a very popular unit. It plugs into the OBDII port and will tell you a lot more than the correct temp.

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/