Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

03 Montero spark plug and valve cover gasket change

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 05:17 PM

I just used valve cover gasket MD321352KIT off ebay for $32.xx and they fit like as glove. No sealant needed. 2003 Montero Sport 3.5L Ltd

Old 05-28-2019, 08:03 AM
Default Intake Bolts

Originally Posted by cwilson01
I did replace the spark plug seals, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out that they were not an integral part of the valve cover as they had hardened to a point where they were stuck to it. I had really let the valve cover gaskets go. The felpro kit came with replacement spark plug seals. If the gaskets leak again I will probably just go ahead and replace the spark plugs at that time if it's before the 60K interval. As far as the two halves of the plenum, I had to crop and compress the picture to show you one of the fasteners, the nut and stud combination on the front right, the rest are not visible (the nut is partially obscured by the vacuum hose in front of it). I could e-mail you a larger picture if you'd like (250 KB). It's easy to see, if you are standing in front of the vehicle these are the smaller 10 mm bolts between the upper plenum and the middle plenum, they are on the right side on each side of the plenum tubes diagonally opposed. the first and last are nuts on studs the rest are bolts. I actually assembled these pieces together off of the vehicle to ensure gasket alignment (couldn't make it work putting it all together on the vehicle). I'm sure I was just a few miles from a misfire code......good thing it didn't happen as this is my wife's daily driver!
If you get the new plenum gasket just lay it across the top of the plenum and you can see which bolts to remove it as one piece.