Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2003 montero limited crankshaft sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 07:21 AM
Default 2003 montero limited crankshaft sensor

I have a 2003 Montero Limited and she was dieing after warm up. I tried to get some help on the forum to no avail. Anyway, I'm back. I swapped out the crankshaft position sensor and now she cranks but wont fire. I get crankshaft position sensor error code now. I've had the front of the engine apart 3 times checking EVERYTHING. The sensor, the timing belt alignment and the crankshaft position sensor blade. I could take this thing apart in my sleep now. Anyway, she cranks untill the battery died, very fast I might add. Nothing. Today I'm going to put the old sensor back in and see what gives. It was an Orielys sensor. I dont know if that means anything or not. BTW, I bought a battery powered ratchet wrench. WOW!! I recommened it. Saved sooo much time taking this thing apart so many times. If anybodys been here and done this PlEASE shoot me your experience and advice. Any help is very appreciated. Not trying to play the cry baby card but, I'm a disabled Veteran. Been shot up pretty good and this is taking a toll on my poor old body. If anyone can advise me on how to get this solved quickly, I'm all ears.