Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2017 Montero Sport - Oilchange every 5000KM - are you kidding me ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Default H

Its normal to a brandnew car and i jsut done recently my 1k now the 5k after is 10k. You know Philippines the roads are different from where u came from...

Old 01-12-2020, 01:36 AM
Default Right long term oil

Hmm Brand new Montero Sport...Yes ITS wise to Change OIl initially to remove any Contaminates due to manufacturing.....Mitsubishi oil "Full Synthectic" is a high class "THREE" Hdyro Cracked OIL. Origin is Lucas OIL. You Want longer drain interval... Consider opening YOUR wallet and your engine and particulate filter will love you!...Very possible with higer quality "CJ-4" FULL PAO Synthectics....IE: CK 4 CI 4 "PLUS" RANGE.. Note these oils are more Stable and keep you engine cleaner. But as you know open your WALLET. is required... Rating is full synthectic at CJ-4 5W 40 .....REV-X TURBO HTP FULLY SYNTHETIC DIESEL ENGINE OIL SAE 5W-40 meets the standards for 10,000 kilometer drain interval..For my Montero SPORT Euro 4...I use Valvoline Premuim Blue 5w 40 "Exstrem" Full synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel CJ-4 and CK 4....Foaming is less and the drain interval is 10,000 kilometers...really keeps the engine clean..Love it..but its hard to find because the demand for this oil is coveted..

Old 01-12-2020, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Goetz Kohlberg
Yes - maybe you millennials don't know about the time BEFORE the year 2000 ... But there was a time where cars run loooong before an oil change ...

Sir, oil changes every 5K miles is recommended to keep any engine in relatively pristine condition. You CAN run the same oil for some 100,000 miles, but your engine will suffer after the first 15K. Also, there was a time silly old people really though oil filters were optional, this option prevented car from lasting over 100,000 miles. Now with preventative maintenance like oil changes and transmission oil replacements my cars live way past 200,000 miles.

04 Mini Cooper I4 200k miles
98 Montero sport V6 165k miles
07 Aveo I4 198K miles
04 montie carlo 236,000 miles

Old 11-06-2021, 10:34 AM
Default Valvoline? Premium Blue?

Yes Your right Valvoline Premuim Blue is a very affordable product. A Full PAO. Works great with Euro 4 Engine.. Just too bad the demand has increased for this.. A Gallon (3.78 liters) of this FULL PAO was 1250P for almost 4 Liters..Lest it be known this is REALLY A "FULL" PAO...A bit costly but well worth it for the protection.. Hydro Cracked type "THREE" Engine oil is not a "FULL" synthetic and MUST be Changed at around 6000KM ..." Mitsubishi OIL sells at the dealer for about 620P a liter give or take. Producer of this product is Lucas OIL Hence a GOOD Hydro cracked oil cost about 200P to produce per liter....So be wise get your OWN Quality oil and Pay to have someone do the labor..at about 350P.. getting a real PAO is a little bit Daunting. CJ 4 standards are on the way out. CK 4 will become the new norm..with longer drain intervals.

Originally Posted by Lou Dandre
Hmm Brand new Montero Sport...Yes ITS wise to Change OIl initially to remove any Contaminates due to manufacturing.....Mitsubishi oil "Full Synthectic" is a high class "THREE" Hdyro Cracked OIL. Origin is Lucas OIL. You Want longer drain interval... Consider opening YOUR wallet and your engine and particulate filter will love you!...Very possible with higer quality "CJ-4" FULL PAO Synthectics....IE: CK 4 CI 4 "PLUS" RANGE.. Note these oils are more Stable and keep you engine cleaner. But as you know open your WALLET. is required... Rating is full synthectic at CJ-4 5W 40 .....REV-X TURBO HTP FULLY SYNTHETIC DIESEL ENGINE OIL SAE 5W-40 meets the standards for 10,000 kilometer drain interval..For my Montero SPORT Euro 4...I use Valvoline Premuim Blue 5w 40 "Exstrem" Full synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel CJ-4 and CK 4....Foaming is less and the drain interval is 10,000 kilometers...really keeps the engine clean..Love it..but its hard to find because the demand for this oil is coveted..