Any high mile Montys out there?? - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums


Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 42
Default Any high mile Montys out there??

How many miles is your Montero?What year?How reliable?Pls share your opinions, i am just curious.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Default

I just bought a used 2003 mitsubishi montero Limited with 186k miles. It had 1 owner and he had it service regularly. It runs amazingly. I would pick 03-06 Montero's over any otger car. I am not a fan of the Montero sports. Too cramped and too many issues to deal with. Plus the rollover issie that consumer reports brought to light.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Have a 1990 Montero with 265,000 on it still running good.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedMonty03 View Post
I just bought a used 2003 mitsubishi montero Limited with 186k miles. It had 1 owner and he had it service regularly. It runs amazingly. I would pick 03-06 Montero's over any otger car. I am not a fan of the Montero sports. Too cramped and too many issues to deal with. Plus the rollover issie that consumer reports brought to light.
yea that is high for an 03, but biased much on saying you would pick 03-06 monteros over any other car?

what is wrong with the 01-02?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redturboeclipse View Post
yea that is high for an 03, but biased much on saying you would pick 03-06 monteros over any other car?

what is wrong with the 01-02?
Not biased. I based my opinion on the research that I have done. This I why I decided to buy the 2003-06 Montero . 2001-02 models dont have the stability control system and the three point seat belt for added safety. The 01-02 has the 3.5L engine but for just a slight bit more money I went for the 03-06 model(3.8l 215hp) which gives me more power.

I looked around the net and noticed way more 01-02 used montero's than there were the 2003-2006 Monteros. I wonder why? But by far I saw way more Montero sports looking to be sold than full sized montero's.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedMonty03 View Post
I just bought a used 2003 mitsubishi montero Limited with 186k miles. It had 1 owner and he had it service regularly. It runs amazingly. I would pick 03-06 Montero's over any otger car. I am not a fan of the Montero sports. Too cramped and too many issues to deal with. Plus the rollover issie that consumer reports brought to light.
Umm, the consumer report was about your new Montero not the Sport ver

Consumer Reports: Montero Unsafe - AutoTrader.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdturger View Post
Umm, the consumer report was about your new Montero not the Sport ver

Consumer Reports: Montero Unsafe - AutoTrader.com
It was the Montero Sport that Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was riding in that rolled over and killed her. I heard of no deaths from a 2003-06 Montero rollover. It was that incident that pretty much sealed Mitsubishi Motors fate and why now the stock is trading @ about $1 per share.

By the way, that linked article is for the 2001 Montero. Not the 2003-2006 full size Montero's
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedMonty03 View Post
It was the Montero Sport that Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was riding in that rolled over and killed her. I heard of no deaths from a 2003-06 Montero rollover. It was that incident that pretty much sealed Mitsubishi Motors fate and why now the stock is trading @ about $1 per share.

By the way, that linked article is for the 2001 Montero. Not the 2003-2006 full size Montero's
My point is that the consumer report article is on the Montero, which you own, not the montero sport. The fact is both are prone to rollovers and received poor rollover scores which is more likely why neither are sold stateside any more.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdturger View Post
My point is that the consumer report article is on the Montero, which you own, not the montero sport. The fact is both are prone to rollovers and received poor rollover scores which is more likely why neither are sold stateside any more.
I dont own an 2001 montero, I own a 2003. That article says nothing and has nothing to do with 2003 -2006 3.8L Montero's.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedMonty03 View Post
I dont own an 2001 montero, I own a 2003. That article says nothing and has nothing to do with 2003 -2006 3.8L Montero's.
Dude you are seriously drinking too much kool aid. ALL MONTEROS are prone to roll overs. THe only reason I've chimed in is because you said that your not a fan of montero sports because there cramped and prone to roll over "issies" brought to light by consumer reports. You are in fact incorrect as the report is on Monteros not the Sports. The report came out after testing the 2001 model that's why they are referencing the 2001 model. Pull up the NHTSA safety ratings on any year of montero or montero sport and see how well they rank for roll overs.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new site for off roaders, not people looking to fix their montys lwolfnmonty Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport 1 04-22-2016 12:20 PM
fast fems evo drivers any body out there eve1 Mitsubishi Evolution 0 12-20-2008 07:45 PM
looking for other montys in Indiana Indymitsu Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport 0 08-06-2008 06:22 PM
DRIFTING MONTYS!! jpmontero98 Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport 6 09-01-2007 08:17 PM
any one have a High Def Card in there computer 50ul }{4ck3r Off Topic 0 08-06-2007 10:54 PM


Tags
2000, 200306, 2010, 38, high, mileage, miles, mitsubishi, montero, monterosport, odometer, reliability, rolled, rollover, sport

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.