Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Buzzing sound and no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Red face Buzzing sound and no start

Greetings all,

When I turn the key in ignition to start my 1998 montero base 3.5L there is a buzzing sound from the under the glove compartment and the starter doesn't even crank.

A little History,

Three weeks ago i left the lights on and the battery depleted enough to activate the alarm.

Couldn't reset the alarm like you can with most alarms but the AAA tow truck guy got the car started and i drove home no problem.

After two weeks of not driving it, i went to drive it and it wouldn't engage into the D drive gear. i disconnected the battery for 15 minutes while i took out all fuses and put them back in, none were burnt. When i tried it it worked like a champ.

After one week of not driving today i went to drive it it gives me a buzzing sound from the glove box and no start at all, not even a feeble try.

what should i look into? Any relays?

how do i take out the computer? to check inside? where is it and how do i take it out?

Thanks all.
RB

Old 04-15-2017, 05:57 PM

I just create my user. I m not finding how to post. Can you give so tips.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:58 PM

Hi eduaqa,

if you found my post then you should find the reply button at the bottom of the page. just scroll down and you will see a black button that says New Reply. click on that and reply to my post. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
RB