Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

A/C and heat questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Default A/C and heat questions

I've owned my 2005 Montero for less than two weeks and I'm still trying to locate a hard copy owner's manual. In the meanwhile, I am posting some of my questions to this forum. I appreciate the help I have received. On my heat/AC control there are three *****--mode selection, fan speed and temperature. The are also options for 'auto'. It is already getting cold here and when I set the mode to chest or chest/feet and the temperature to 75-85 range and the turn on the fan--it always starts the A/C. The green A/C light comes on and cold air comes out to the already cold vehicle. I turn off the A/C and all is well. I just wonder if this is a normal operation that the A/C always starts?

Thanks

Old 11-08-2017, 11:20 AM

It might be the function of the "Auto" mode. I had similar thing going on my trucks at work - no matter how cold or warm it is, the "Auto" mode turns on to 80F as well as showing AC ON. Don't worry about it. It might be set up that way so that it can keep temperature in more narrow range. Can you imagine if you set the temp to 80F in Auto mode, and it goes to 83F?... OH THE HUMANITY, HOW CAN ONE LIVE WITH THAT!!!! Unfortunately these days engineers overthink some of the things just because there is a of computer controls available for systems