Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Diagnosis and HELP needed.. Montero Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Default RE: Diagnosis and HELP needed.. Montero Sport

Chapter 2[/align]The plot thickens:::[/align]Took sport to Tranny shop and was told. Torque Conv. Shot 780 plus parts and also needed a rebuild of trannyat discount price of 1500 plus . NO WAY.[/align]Second opinion time.[/align]Another tranny shop. Private not a chain one with franchise fees.[/align]Computer recheck after road test. still nothing,[/align]The weird part of this whole thing:: Going to shop ..shuddering at least 15 episodes. When given the car to test drive mechanic. He droveit for 25 minutes and NADA. I then took over and still nada.[/align]Did a flush with MItsu. AT fluid and shuddered ONCE on the way home and not since so Have no idea BUT have to assume that the fluid flush did the job. Acceleration etc now normal. Total cost $81 vs I'st shop at 1500 plus parts and dealer price of over 3200 +++ for t.conv. and tranny rebuild.[/align]Either way I'm a happy camper SO FAR...[/align]Really appreciate the input from Manybrews etc.[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 01-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Diagnosis and HELP needed.. Montero Sport

i told you... DONT go to a "tranny" shop!
Theyre all morons.

and it usually takes up to 20 miles for the fluid to be absorbed into the clutch material, so Im not surprised that it continued to shudder a little bit.

There is a TSB out for this issue. No mitsu shop would have rebuilt your trans when they know a flush would fix it. These transmissions do NOT fail. Ever.