Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Engine to Heater Matrix Connections

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 05:19 PM
Default Engine to Heater Matrix Connections

I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero that's had cooling system issues recently so I decided to tear her down and replace any parts that looked worn or leaky. In the (long) process of (finding and then) replacing the coolant crossover and coolant inlet pipes I've lost my diagram showing how I reconnect those to the heater matrix. Does anyone have a diagram and or photo they can share? I've attached a picture to this post with the four ports identified (A, B, X and Y). As I recall A went to Y and B went to X, as in the pipes crossed over, but I want to be sure.

BTW - The two new pipes I purchased are color coded (I think). The longer pipe has a yellow dot on the heater matrix end, while the shorter pipe has a white dot.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Engine to Heater Matrix Connections-montero-heater-pipes-1-edit-.jpg   Engine to Heater Matrix Connections-montero-heater-pipes-3.jpg  

Last edited by ddudman; 03-26-2018 at 05:32 PM.