Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Which fuse for running lights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Default Which fuse for running lights?

Subject: wifey's 98 "full-size"

So I borrowed a buddy's trailer over the weekend. I checked the brake lights and turn signals before I left, but didn't have the running lights on since it was daytime. When it got dark, I turned my headlights on and the dash went dark. The indicator lights still work, but no illumination for anything else. No tail lights, no license plate light, etc. My headlights work, and the brake lights and turn signals wtill work on both the Montero and the trailer, but no running lights. I haven't tracked it down, but based on the quality of the wiring, I'd say there's a VERY good chance that the running light circut is (orwas since the leads test fine now) shorted somewhere.

I didn't have my meter with me to test every fuse in the box, and none of them were labeled anything that sounded right. Is there an underhood fuse/relay/whatever like the headlights (I assume) have? Somewhere I have a shop manual on cd, but can't find it right now. Is there anything else that would blow if the circuit was shorted (and still allow everything else to work)?

Thanks,
Eric

Old 09-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Default RE: Which fuse for running lights?

For archive's sake: it's "Dedicated fuse #5" (10 amp)in the relay box next to the battery.