Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Day time running lights vs Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Default Day time running lights vs Fog lights

I need to know if daytime running lights are the same as fog lights?
I have a 07 XLS with every option ( just purchased used for my daughter) and i cant seem to get the headlamps and the fog lamps BOTH on at the same time. In the owners manual it shows a differernt light stalk than the one i have. Am i missing something here? please help..

Old 04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned

Interesting.

DRL's are not the same as fog lights. You should NOT be running around with your fog lights on if there's no fog. You blind the crap out of everyone.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jims M
I have a 07 XLS with every option ( just purchased used for my daughter) and i cant seem to get the headlamps and the fog lamps BOTH on at the same time. In the owners manual it shows a differernt light stalk than the one i have. Am i missing something here? please help..
I have an 07 XLS and i may say good choice it is a beauty anywho the DRL's are not the same as the fog lights. the DRL's are your actual headlight low beam and the fog light are at the bottom of the car, but im sure you know that... on the left shifting **** where u have the turn signal there are the dials for headlight and fog light, the inner dial or first dial closest to the column is the fog light dial, turn it forward or left and it turns them on. BUT you cant use the fog light during the day when your DRL's are on, they only activate when your lights are on.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Default fog lights

Also,they will turn off when you put high beams on.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:31 AM

And you can't use the fog lights when only your parking lights are on (the first setting on the headlight switch stalk). This may be what is confusing you. Try turning the headlight switch one more past the parking light setting.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jims M
It doesn't seem like the question was answered. First of all, if he has "every option", that means he has HIDs. With HIDs, you don't have foglights. What he has are DRLs where the foglights are located. You can not run your HID headlights and DRLs at the sametime. Your DRLs will run when your headlights are totally off or when you just have your parking lights on. Again, this is ONLY for XLS models fully loaded with HIDs.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:53 PM

@Jims M

to answer your question... the DRL on the XLS w/ HID lights are not the same as fogs..... the DRL uses 1156 bulbs and the fogs uses H11 bulbs....

read this thread....

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=25231

Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Angry

Originally Posted by bino
@Jims M

to answer your question... the DRL on the XLS w/ HID lights are not the same as fogs..... the DRL uses 1156 bulbs and the fogs uses H11 bulbs....

read this thread....

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=25231
thanks for the info guys, i found this out when i went to the dealer

Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 PM

Thanks Dude, thats what i was looking for....

Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 PM

I followed the instructions and got further instructions for ramon. I didn't have the stalk with the fog light option and didn't want to mess around and put one in. So I gave this setup a try and am very happy with the way it turned out.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...t=lights+ramon

Quick Reply: Day time running lights vs Fog lights