Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Gen 3 Limited Power Antenna Motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Default Gen 3 Limited Power Antenna Motor replacement

Yes, I searched!

I am in the process of replacing my motor. I got the motor out but was surprised the antenna cable does not disconnect at the motor. Does it actually run all the way through the firewall to the back of the radio? Do I need to pull the radio to unplug and fish the cable of the new unit through?

And secondly. Are there any fixed unit assemblies that work here? I had a generic one from Autozone but because where the hole is cut on the Monty, it would stick at a really weird angle out pointing outwards. Really want to ditch the power motor and go fixed but can't find the right unit.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:52 PM

I've extended my antennae and disconnected the motor wire. Now I have a "fixed" antennae. I think you are right, the black wire goes all the way through the firewall. It sucks, since it would be much easier to unbolt it from the motor than to remove the radio and fish the wire back to the radio after replacement. One thought:
anyone knows if it is possible to get a CAT wire splicer and just cut the wire near the motor and install the splicer to reconnect it?