Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Default Help needed

Hi Guys, first post on here, hope you can help.

I own a 2002 mits challenger 4wd (aka montero sport), which has a LPG gas conversion kit fitted. I was let down (very badly) by the mechanic I used and have since been loathe to entrust my pride and joy to another.

I recently changed the ignition leads (which was a pretty mamoth job for a novice....). I did have one or two minor hiccups but overall it went very well and almost everything is good.

I just have one problem...I have attached a pic with the problem areas identified, but in summary, can anyone tell me what the part is called that I have circled....and secondly, this part has a tube coming from the back of it (see arrow on pic)...where should this connect to. It was already disconnected when i started the work and I cant find where it should go to.

Any help much appreciated.

cheers.

Attached Thumbnails Help needed-3a.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 PM

It's a vacuum actuator of some sort. Is it part of the throttle body? It appears as so. I can only assume it hooks up to a vacuum source. But I don't know which one. Is that a part of the LPG conversion kit?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 PM

hi, thanks for the reply. its mounted on top of the throttle body...im not sure whether its part of the lpg kit or not...i have a feeling (based on other pics I have seen on this site) that its not.

The tube on it is fairly long (around 18inches) but im buggered if i can find anywhere that it might fit onto!!

My cruise control doesnt engage anymore and I did wonder if it was part of that set up...???

Old 12-28-2011, 10:02 PM

Well I think you may have answered your own question. But you need to find where it plugs into.
Originally Posted by sutty451
hi, thanks for the reply. its mounted on top of the throttle body...im not sure whether its part of the lpg kit or not...i have a feeling (based on other pics I have seen on this site) that its not.

The tube on it is fairly long (around 18inches) but im buggered if i can find anywhere that it might fit onto!!

My cruise control doesnt engage anymore and I did wonder if it was part of that set up...???