Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Lights on but no heat in Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Default Lights on but no heat in Seats

98 Montero Sport. I have searched everywhere to find any info or parts. Not that I have any idea what's exactly wrong yet.

I would have thought I'd find a heating element for the seats or something related to them but haven't.

Does anyone know of any places to find parts or info (or have info) relating to seats that dont warm up? I'm not ready for a dealer and may never be. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:45 PM

then youre outta luck.

i hate it when people view dealers as some type of conspiracy against them. its annoying. they have the best personell, equipment, information and parts.

if you want crummy repairs, then definitely go to "midas". otherwise, go to the proper place.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:47 AM

Do you have an owner's manual? If so check fuses and/or relays for the seat heaters. If not, get one here: www.books4cars.com

Did this problem just appear or has it been that way since you got the truck? Look under your seats to see if the wires from the floor to the seat bottoms are connected. Use a volt meter or test lamp at those connectors to see if power is going to the seat heater membranes when the switches are on. I doubt that both membranes burned out so it's likely a wiring or fuse/relay problem.

Ron

Old 10-24-2009, 10:48 AM

Thanks, jrmdir.

To manybrews: I never said I would never go to a dealer. I was looking for answers could steer me in the right direction. When you assume things without knowledge you can look like a dummy or an a-hole and all in between.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gsco
Thanks, jrmdir.

To manybrews: I never said I would never go to a dealer. I was looking for answers could steer me in the right direction. When you assume things without knowledge you can look like a dummy or an a-hole and all in between.
Actually, thats exactly what you said. are you saying the word "never" in "I'm not ready for a dealer and may never be." is in fact suppost to mean you're quite open to a dealer?

yeah, IM the one that looks like an a-hole.
just take it to the people that know the car and stop being pig-headed. the dealerships are NOT out to "screw" you. They have the best people, best parts, best training, most experience, and the factory information... all for the same price as your local hillbilly shop.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:25 AM

I have a Montero sport -2000 and i have the exact same problem.
Last week i checked the power from the switch on the center consol to the seat (the lights are on) and i have 12V.
I disconnected the wiring under the seat and also had 12V.
According to my service manual i even measuered the resistance of the
heat element in the seat and i had 10 Ohm which was according to the manual aswell.
So everything seems to be working but still i have no heating in my seats.
It´s very strange.
I´m not sure were to continue.