Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Montero OEM Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Default Montero OEM Fog Lights

I have a 2003 Montero XLS (Full Size) without factory fog lights and was planning to install some OEM fog lights with an OEM Fog Light Switch. Although I don't have the fog light harness, I heard that the Montero vehicles after 2000 are all pre-wired for fog lights from the factory and I should be able to simply plug and play.
Can someone on this forum confirm if this is true?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
GT

Old 12-05-2014, 07:27 AM

I cant confirm that your rig is prewired for fogs but I can give you some helpful tips to find out, and if so what you will need to install em.

Search below the headlights and above where the fogs would be if they were pre installed with a flash light. Also Look behind the front bumper and just about everywhere in the front end.

If its prewired there will be a taped up bulb socket somewhere behind the bumper or below the headlights.

Or it may even require an additional fog light harness from an ltd model.

"Check all around because it may be tucked away out of site"

Next you are gonna need the fogs and brackets, you may need to use a jig saw to cut out holes where your current fog finishers are...not sure if they are held on by screws or if they are a permanent piece of the bumper.

Next make sure you have a relay in your fusable link box in the engine bay as well as the the fuses in the fusable link box in the cabin.

Lastly you will need the fog switch for the dash.

I would look for a wrecked ltd that has everything you need to install the fogs as all the parts that you need will probably cost a pretty penny.

Hope this helps

Post back and let us know is you find the fog harness.

Cheers!

Old 08-12-2015, 09:55 PM
DZD

Did you ever get your fog lights installed? I have a 2006 - and recently my fog lights stopped working - I'm fairly certain that when I pushed the fog light switch I could hear a click - now I no longer hear that click - I don't know if the switch is bad or what the issue could be - I haven't checked the fuse - I'll do that next.

Would like to hear an update on yours.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by DZD
...I'm fairly certain that when I pushed the fog light switch I could hear a click - now I no longer hear that click.
Don't forget to check fog light relay in the fuse box under the hood. The click you referring was most likely from relay engaging. It can be a relay that gone bad or a blown fuse.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:23 PM

I know a few years have passed since I asked my question regarding adding OEM Montero fog lights to an XLS model (non fog light equipped. Well, to my surprise, the wiring (most) is already on the vehicle. The only thing you will need are: a) OEM fog light dash switch b) fog light relay c) a set of OEM fog lights with the wiring that connects the two fog lamps. I will get part numbers (factory) so that you get a better idea. I will try to take some pictures as well.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:37 AM
DZD

Originally Posted by HunterD
Don't forget to check fog light relay in the fuse box under the hood. The click you referring was most likely from relay engaging. It can be a relay that gone bad or a blown fuse.
Thanks HunterD - I'll check this out.