Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

noise from mastercylinder

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Default noise from mastercylinder

Have a 2002 montero. I have a strange noise comming from the mastercylinder. When the brake pedel is pushed there is a noise like two quick churpes. usually when the pedal is realeased. The brakes work great, no problems. There are no brake warning lights.Any one had this problem. I do not want the brakes to fail when my wife is driving theMontero
Thank you

Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Default RE: noise from mastercylinder

sounds like a ruptured accumulator.

DONT try to fix it yourself. get it looked at soon.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:23 AM

I am taking it to the dealer on monday to have it checked out . Will let you know.
oldhat.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:52 PM

I have the same problem and am interested in finding out what the dealer told you about your system.

Thanks

Old 08-24-2007, 01:05 PM

I'm also having the same problem on my 02 Montero Limited. sounds like a have a freaking bird under the hood! Please let me know what you find. I took mine to a local shop (not Mitsubishi) and they couldn't determine the problem, they told me to replace my rear pads/turn rotors, and I had a heat crack in my left Fr. rotor. I did everything they suggested and the sound's still there, I knew it would be but I needed to replace the pads and Fr. rotor anyhow so I figured what the heck... I thought maybe it was something with the ABS computer??? I'm going to hook up some DTC software this afternoon to see if it's throwing out any error codes.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: jarrietv

I'm also having the same problem on my 02 Montero Limited. sounds like a have a freaking bird under the hood! Please let me know what you find. I took mine to a local shop (not Mitsubishi) and they couldn't determine the problem, they told me to replace my rear pads/turn rotors, and I had a heat crack in my left Fr. rotor. I did everything they suggested and the sound's still there, I knew it would be but I needed to replace the pads and Fr. rotor anyhow so I figured what the heck... I thought maybe it was something with the ABS computer??? I'm going to hook up some DTC software this afternoon to see if it's throwing out any error codes.
do people here actually bother READING the posts?

ive already said what it is and what to do about it. if you're not going to read, why bother posting?

Old 06-25-2021, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Oldhat
Have a 2002 montero. I have a strange noise comming from the mastercylinder. When the brake pedel is pushed there is a noise like two quick churpes. usually when the pedal is realeased. The brakes work great, no problems. There are no brake warning lights.Any one had this problem. I do not want the brakes to fail when my wife is driving theMontero
Thank you
could be an airlock in the break fluid. Change fluid

Old 06-28-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by mmhunt41
could be an airlock in the break fluid. Change fluid
Nope. Air in the brake lines will result in a soft pedal feel and poor brake performance. As described, the symptoms are 100% those of a failed accumulator. Pretty easy repair.

Old 06-28-2021, 10:28 PM
Default Pajero

Thankyou for your input. Now that you have mentioned that a soft pedal ( which I haven’t got) is the result of an air lock, I’m inclined to agree that it is a problem with the accumulator. Thanks again.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:51 PM
Default Pajero

Originally Posted by HunterD
Nope. Air in the brake lines will result in a soft pedal feel and poor brake performance. As described, the symptoms are 100% those of a failed accumulator. Pretty easy repair.

Pajero.
turned out to be a faulty a faulty ABS module.
got a new one fitted and all is well by Mitsubishi
but expensive.