Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Odd Ball Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Default Odd Ball Problem

Ok, a friend of mine has an 01 Montero Sport... about 140K miles.

Last night she and her husband got into a fight she was trying to drive away from where they were and he was in the passenger seat. When she went to take off he reached down and put the car into park while they were pulling out of a parking lot. She put the vehicle back in drive and began to accelerate again and he repeated this again. Tempers flared and the vehicle was turned off as they boh got out. As thehusband left the area my friend got back into the vehicleand attempted to start it, no joy. It just turns over now, almostsounds like it's no getting fuel.

Not to familiar with the vehicle myself but looked atthe few fuses and things under the hood and don't see anything obvious. Any idea of where i should check. I tried to listen for the fuel pump when the key is turned on but don't hear anything. should i hear the pump humm?

Thanks in advance.